Trying something new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying something new

I grew this Pineapple Chunk using Nebula’s manifold then right before flipping to 12/12 I pinched the tops off all the main colas and laid it down under a 18”x18” screen about 8” above the dirt. I wish I had more space to spare, this girl could’ve easily filled out a much bigger screen. Just finished week 1 of flower and already letting her grow up.

Holy bud sites Bboy!
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I’m interested to see your results! She’s sure looking good so far

Comment

Nice level top. Can’t wait to see these go through flower.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Thanks everyone! I have 5 others I’ll be moving in next weekend. I’d like to put them under screens as well but they may be too tall already to lay down.

Comment

very nice! flat canopy great job
            If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

Outstanding training fella
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                bboyfromwayback commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I like the structure of a manifold but all the side branches never fully develop. Thought I’d try this method. Grew the mains out to the edges and let the side branches fill the center.

• grouchyoldman
                grouchyoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Bboy, nicely done!

Question: How are you supporting your scrog screens? I really like the idea of your coated wire screen, but scanning the pics I can't see how it is suspended above the soil? Can you take a pic showing how you are doing that?

Gracias,

-Grouchy

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                Thanks buddy! I’ll take some pics this evening and post them to this thread. I have a pot I just harvested the plant from so I’ll use it for better visual. I got the idea in High Times years ago. It was one of the pictures of the month so I tried it and it’s the only way I’ll ScrOG now. All your plants can be removed from the tent individually which makes everything so much easier than having multiple plants under the same fixed structure. Heck, even ScrOG’ng one plant under a fixed structure is a pain in the butt.

Ok Grouchy, just basic 10” tomato rings, Lowes had them in 3 packs for $15 last time I bought them. If needed I’ll cut the legs down so the screen is about 8” above the soil. I use a 1/2 gallon watering can and want just enough space to water them. I cut a piece of an old water hose that works great if needed but I’d rather use just the can. The screens are garden fencing zip tied on top of the rings then anchored to the handles. That part is important lol

This plant isn’t really a ScrOG but this is exactly how I setup for a ScrOG. Only difference is I grow the plant under the screen from the beginning once I top it. This method is the berries in my opinion. I can scrog the whole tent or just a few plants to control height. It also gives you the ability to pull a individual plant to defoliate, look it over, rotate or harvest. Give it a shot, I think you’ll like it

Comment

I'm Lovin it Bboy!

That is the most practical ScrOG method I've seen. It solves most of the problems that have kept me from trying a ScrOG so far.

As it turns out, I have a young BU2B PPP grow in progress that could benefit from this approach. I even have the tomato plant rings from last year's garden.

Great solution, thanks pal.

-Grouchy
                My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
                I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
                Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                  Editing a comment
                  If you look closely you’ll see I used the PPP method by leaving the 2nd node stem that grows up. Without those two extra colas the center would’ve taken time to fill but since I left them they filled right away. I have this grow then two more growing 4-6 strains at a time then I’m going to give BU2B’s method s go with one massive plant, likely Hindu Kush.

One tip I’ll give about ScrOG’ng if you’ve never done it. Don’t weave your branches in and out of the screen. I’ve never understood why ScrOG’ng tutorials all say to weave in and out. Makes me wonder if the author of the tutorial has ever tried their method. I’m growing buds, not trying to make a cannabis basket. Keep everything growing under the screen until full then allow colas to grow up through it. Then when you harvest just snip at the base of that stem, pull it up through the screen and hang it up.
                  Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 01-06-2021, 07:57 AM.

• grouchyoldman
                  grouchyoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, I see that you "closed the donut hole" with those 2nd vertical node stems. I thought was was one of the best little gems in @BU2B's tutorial.

This looks like the plastic coated "Garden Fencing" you used:
                  GARDEN CRAFT 50-ft x 3-ft Green PVC Coated Steel Welded Wire Garden Welded Wire Rolled Fencing
                  $55 at Lowes.com for more than I'll ever need!

• bboyfromwayback
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea that’s the only thing, garden fencing comes in large spools but last forever. I sanitize everything after a grow wraps up and all my screens still look brand new other than some rust where they were cut

I was liking the Pineapple Chunk results so much I decided to lay the Glueberry OG down as well. Her center is a week behind but starting to come up. After I defoliate next weekend I’ll tie the mains down until they’re all even. I have 2 Bubba Kush and 2 Hindu Kush moving in this weekend 10wks above dirt and they’re all fairly large. May have went too big this grow. Lots of green for 12sqft of tent😂

Comment

Think I’ll do this whole grow here. I’ll periodically pull the Pineapple Chunk and Glueberry OG out for pics but not much going on but the stretch right now.

Moved everything in over the weekend. The kush’s got too big and woody to lay down under screens so I’m keeping the manifolds going. Made the bad decision to do some late night drunken training on Saturday. Did not go well. Everything is on the mend and ironically the weed gods have a way of rewarding our screw ups with crazy growth. Still, smoke more dope. Too many bad stories start with alcohol. A negative weed story usually has to do with someone eating a couple boxes of cereal in one sitting or a whole tray of double stuffed Oreos. Family sized of course. My sister did have a panic attack in Vegas the first time she tried edibles. Told her it’s a good thing she was on the other side of the country. We have a better reputation than that around here and I worked hard building it not to have a lightweight screw it up 😂

Comment

• Xena
                    Xena commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Reading this made my think of my uncle, most of his stories start with “keep in mind this was alcohol related”.

• bboyfromwayback
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea they mostly don’t end well lol

These 2 have changed a lot in 5 days. Centers filled in nicely and the buds are already getting frosty. Think I’ll let everything finish stretching while I keep turning up the juice daily. Once finished I’ll get everything level set the lights at 24” then hurry up and wait.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OK i'm laughing at your story of Vegas sorry about your relative hopefully she wasn't crying hysterically. Not fun time after that i bet? Now for the good part....ta da you got a carpet of green for sure. And that trick with the tomato cage/scrog screen is just great.
                    Gotta tell ya ( forgive me i'm a tad high may get wordy ) i was watching this youtube on these 2 fellas in Mich. saying about top 5 outdoor strains they liked. Pineapple Chunk #1 but all the strains your growing i'm a huge fan. Everything looks so good

• bboyfromwayback
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you! All your grows are spot on so that means a lot👍🏻
                    I’ve heard it’s a good one but man that was a long flowery. I’m hoping that was a rare one and this one goes quicker. My sister never really smoked weed growing up. Goes to Vegas with some friends, gets too high on edibles and ends up in the ER 😭😭😭 it’s funny bc she’s ok, nothing some Valium couldn’t fix.

All branches are healed and standing on their own again. Even the Bubba Kush I completely jacked up has bounced back. I noticed something interesting though. On the two plants I laid under screens you can definitely pick out the mains. They’re stretching way more than the side branches in the center, even with equal lighting. I’m still happy with the experiment bc those buds are already way more developed than they normally would be in week 2.

Comment

End of week 3 for the Pineapple Chunk and Glueberry OG so they got a haircut. The Kush's will next weekend then this grow will be on cruise till the end. Lights are at 100%, currently 27” above canopy

Comment

• grouchyoldman
                      grouchyoldman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      bboy my brother, those scrogs are a work of art!

I'm in early training with a BU2B PPP grow also and I'm set up to use your ingenious scrog grid for flowering. Based on your pics I anticipate a great harvest.

Bravo, maestro,

-Grouchy

• bboyfromwayback
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Grouchy! I’m liking the results so far. Should have little to no ‘fluff’ 👍🏻

Your ladies are looking great Bboy! Love the training.
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X