Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops....i pissed her off

Northern lights auto, DWC, 13+ weeks.

OK...these northern lights autos are freakin awesome to grow. They are easy to please and don’t complain too much if something ain’t right...but once ya pissed her off, she lets you know. Two days ago i did a major defoliation of her as a last push to squeeze the juices from her...now look at her foxtail 😩...from the top kola 😩😩😩....

This plant was probably the most perfect grow i could have wanted....no pests/bugs...no nute issues...no root issues...and I don’t recall her having a droopy day since she was 4 weeks old. I think that, for myself, that this plant will be the upper limit of what i can do when growing 3 or 4 plants at a time. Next grow will probably be only 2 plants (photos) so i can try doing something new.

Cheers
    YYC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Why on Earth would you defoliate that late in flowering?

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Fan leaves are done doing almost anything useful for flowering. Uncovering sugar leaves and single-finger leaves to the light helps direct the nutrients more directly to the bud sites vs keeping the fan leaves alive. This also kicks the plant hormones into overdrive as the plant now thinks the season’s end is imminent.

I always keep a few leaves at the top of each tip to make sure proper nutrient flow to the root system takes place through the entire length of each branch. I also keep small fan leaves at various depths into the plant as tattle-tale markers in case i get a weird nute issue.

I’ve done this with every auto since they still tend to follow their pre-ordained timeline

To me, proof-positive is the fact that she still drinks 1 gallon of water per day same as she did before defoliating. That means all that water and sugars are still traveling throughout the plant...just more directed to sugar leaves than to fan leaves. 😁
      Last edited by YYCannabis; 01-03-2021, 04:50 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph

Pretty common for NL to foxtail
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X