Spider mites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider mites

I found spider mites on one of my plants today. Confirmed using a microscope. My plants are in week 3 of flower. Whats the safest way to get rid of these little bastards?
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

50/50 water alcohol in a sprayer like all sprays you spray at lights off you'll want to spray three times about three days apart. The alcohol doesn't kill the eggs is the reason for the three times so spray even if you don't see anymore

edit = make sure you turn your fans back on about 10 minutes after spraying and shake any excess moisture from buds these things are to dry everything because the risk of mold is always there when you spray especially during flower
    Last edited by MeEasy; 01-02-2021, 09:00 PM.
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Regular rubbing alcohol like you get from the pharmacy?
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        It's like 70% if you get the 99% stuff dilute it more

I’d take an avocado take out the pit enjoy the meat then take the leftover peel break it in half stick the inside of the peel facing up place both pieces touching opposite sides of the base of the stalk setting them on the top of the soil within 24 hours every spider mite within range should be swarming those peels remove and rinse this is how I get rid of excess mites in my worm bin ive never had mites on my plants though but this was the plan I thought of awhile back to try myself if I ever did

Comment

Beneficial insects

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          I just stared reading up on predatory mites and found a website that sells them. Little overwhelming due to my lack of knowledge. Seems like there's a hundred different types out there.

PLreef i know Cucumeris are pretty cheap and those are good for spider mites. For prevention they recommend the sachets that slow real ease them and if you have them already it’s best to buy the bottles for a quick release. Go to kisorganics on YouTube and listen to the podcast with the “bug lady” she has a lot of info on beneficial insects. I would recommend you grab white paper and put it under the canopy and shake the shit out of the plant so the mites fall in your paper and you can see if it’s a bad infestation or not so bad. Then I believe they don’t like wind so keep a fan blowing on the leafs harder than usual so they hopefully won’t be able to stay on the leafs. I would also sprinkle diatomaceous earth on the soil before shaking the plant or even after so what ever falls gets cut with the powder glass. Hope that helps. On the insectary sites it should say what predator mites works for spider mites. Check out Arbico

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          I have 10lbs of DE. Should it be sprinkled on the leaves as well the soil? Thanks for the info on the bugs. Ill take look and get them ordered up. For the time being ill try the iso 50/50
          Thank you guys for the help. Appreciated

I don't know if this stuff works but it says it's for spider mites. Also lost coast or captain Jack's I've heard works. I would go with the alcohol but I understand being sceptical

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

MeEasy theres a shop down the road from me that sells Capt jack dead bug. Ill go tomorrow to pick some up.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            I've heard alot of people saying it's the best stuff out there

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Great stuff. My first choice.

PLreef i recommend beneficial insects because you said you are on flowering so I don’t recommend spraying anything on flowers. The DE I would only put on the soil but if you have no buds I would put it on the leafs. I just don’t recommend anything on flowers no matter what..

Comment

I have used 91 ISO 50/50 with water, any brand spinosad gets the same results, though the spinosad's are said safe to harvest, I use the ISO on flowers as the alcohol evaporates really fast leaving only water (which needs to come off fast). Another I have read about is azamax (SP?) which as I read kills the eggs too.

Comment

Here's a few pictures of these little assholes. I checked leaves from all the other plants and can't find any evidence of them. They "seem" to be contained to just one plant. I increased the fans in the tent and im gonna head out and pick up some iso this am.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't do what did on my last grow. Had those pesties bugs on my buds and I made the mistake of spraying with Neem oil, had a severe side effect a few weeks ago. Never again !!

• PLreef
                PLreef commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Farmbuck, I read about your reaction and won't be using neem. I sprinkled DE on the soil and will first try the ISO 50/50 water first.

I used lady bugs and so far so good.

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely the best option, outside LOL my bet is the wife does not want them in her house.

PLreef if you don’t see any on the other plants why don’t you just remove that one plant? Most likely that strain is susceptible to pests, I would throw it out and save the rest. That would be the easiest and smartest thing to do. If beneficial bugs can’t take care of an issue in flower then the next step is they have to go. Like Rwise said water and alcohol is not so bad but Azamax is just Neem in my opinion anything said safe till harvest is like trusting Monsanto when he said his weed killer was safe. I don’t know but if I wanted my buds sprayed with anything I would just buy dispensary weed. Just my opinion.

Comment

• PLreef
                PLreef commented
                Editing a comment
                Cali, I definitely agree. I removed it a few hours ago and tossed it in the fire pit. Im not taking any chances right now. The rest of the tent is doing great. I picked up some ISO as a preventive measure. DE on the soil.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X