Mold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Mold?

Just started getting this weird markings on 2 of my lower leaves and candt find any information as to what it could be, have you guys ever seen this before? Both of my plants look healthy and these markings are only on 2 bottom leaves.

light is good, water and ph is good, using slight nutrients.

i have been noticing the past few days that the top of the soil hasnt been drying as fast as the other one! It has no problem draining, wondering if its a root issue! Any help would be appreciated. Also i am not seeing any bugs and im growing indoors!
    Attached Files

How’s your air circulation after light and temperature I’d rate air flow the third most important factor I was having a moderate white powdery mold battle literally all I did was bump my fan from low to medium and I haven’t seen even a single white spot since I’m no expert though so I’d wait for more experienced advice before making a decision also if you haven’t already cut off those infected leaves I’d do so as close to the branch as possible also what’s your humidity like slow drying soil for me normally means my humidity is a little too high
    Last edited by TheKieftan; 01-02-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Tedtheclown
      Tedtheclown commented
      Editing a comment
      My lights are on 24/7, temp has been cooler around here in the 60 range and i just started to open the window to allow a draft, humidity is high in my region. Bit it doesnt look like a patch, its more of a line. Thought it was maybe a worm, but no bugs. Will see if it gets worse, i will cut the leaves if it spreads.

I think it was mold, 😔! I took a wet tissue and rubbed most of it off, i am going to take my plant to the window for some fresh air and good sunlight to see if it helps dry up

Comment

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s good but I’d watch those leaves I don’t know if it’s the picture or not but the mold looks very dense and thick like looking at a asymmetric shred of paper it’s only over a small portion of the leaf I know but if molds that thick likely the mycelium has already permeated the leaf and will regrow the exterior mold you saw before if this happens definitely cut that leaf off I know when my white powdery mold started I tried to save leaves but I kept noticing it on the same leaves which I knew couldn’t be a coincidence but on the other hand holding off cutting the leaves to see if the mold does or doesn’t return on them likely won’t hurt anything

The picture did have some light effects, the only mold i saw was little lines running down the middle of the leaf, it wasnt spread out like a patch or cloud, it was a line down the center which was weird! It did come off after i wiped them, im pretty sure it was mold, atleast i caught it early and hope the rest of the grow goes well! 🤞

Comment

WPM almost always appears as circles or dust. I don’t think that’s your problem. It almost looks like calcium residue from your water to me. It appears as if liquid has run down those leaves. Do those leaves get wet when you water?

Comment

• Tedtheclown
        Tedtheclown commented
        Editing a comment
        I try not to spray them, its a possibility! Will that be hurtful to the plant?

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        In the long run it could hurt your plant. Burn the leaves, or actually cause mildew if they’re wet too often, or get in contact with your medium. If it was me, I would strip those leaves off if its too hard to avoid getting them wet👍

I agree with lalaland that it looks like residue from dry nutrient water. Looks like those leaves are pretty close to the soil so that very well could be it, especially if it's not on the rest of the plant

Comment

maybe you dripped while feeding. I'd carefully wipe it off and keep an eye on her
        If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X