Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use Hormex #8 or #16 for cannabis clones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use Hormex #8 or #16 for cannabis clones?

The State Forestry Department here in the Pacific NW uses Hormex products by the truckload. This stuff has all the good hormones and they offer many strengths for different plants.

Soak the cutting in the B1/hormone liquid.
    Dip in #8 or #16 powder and place in cube.

Anyone using these products?

From there home page;

DIRECTIONS:
    As quickly as possible, make cuttings, dip in Hormex Rooting Powder, and plant in your preferred grow medium.

1. Moisten base of cutting with clean water or quickly dip in Hormex Vitamin B1 and Hormone Concentrate. Shake off excess moisture.
    2. Dip base of cuttings into Hormex Rooting Powder.
    3. Tap cutting to remove excess powder.
    4. Plant treated cuttings in rooting media, being careful not to rub off rooting powder when planting.

PRO TIP 1: Remember to keep your grow medium slightly moist but not soaked and keep your new plants warm and in bright light, but out of direct sunlight. Many cuttings will also benefit from added humidity. This can be done by using a rooting cube tray with dome or even a clean clear plastic bag or container with a few small holes. Avoid letting the plastic touch the cutting.

Once the cuttings have developed roots, which can take anywhere from 5 - 12 days depending on the plant variety, replant them in another container with moist potting soil or other grow medium.

PRO TIP 2: To identify whether roots have formed or not, pull lightly on the plants. If they pop right out, they are not ready. If you feel some resistance, go ahead and repot.

PRO TIP 3: Never place unused rooting powder back in container to prevent possible contamination. While not common, it is best to avoid this variable.

I found these EPA documents.

Hormex recommends #8 or #16 for cannabis.
    The numbering system is obviously the percentage of hormone.

POWDER
    #01 = 0.10% IBA

#03 = 0.30% IBA

#08 = 0.80% IBA

#16 = 1.60% IBA

#30 = 3.00% IBA

LIQUID
    Hormex B1 Rooting Hormone Concentrate
    0.24% Napthaleneacetic Acid

The Clonex Gel brand
    0.31% IBA
    Last edited by MrPNW; 01-02-2021, 08:39 PM.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Never used it, last cuttings I used fresh aloe

Comment

Check the active ingredient. Probably the same as all the other gells and powders

Comment

I don't remember which # I bought but I tried some Hormex powder and had 0% success, switched to plain water and my success rate went up to about 80% or so.

Comment

No not used it. Clonex or well water is all i used.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MrPNW
            MrPNW commented
            Editing a comment
            It was the Clonex’s main ingredient that got me to searching and found the Forestry’s articles on using Hormex. Hormex was a company that structured the strength of their formulas to different types of plants, thus the numbering structure.
            I learned most retail stores carried the basic #1 powder and customers would try this on the wrong plants.

They recommend #8 and even #16 for the really difficult strains of Hemp/similar. There was a page that listed the different ingredients and the % of each in each formula. I’ll look for that.

I came across this info when Google.

Personally, I use HORMEX liquid and for me it's a 100% successful clone rooting every single time and never takes more than a week max. Obviously you need a warm environment of around 75f to low 80's , low/medium levels of good full spectrum light (mixed cfl's or t5's work perfect), and clones from a healthy well fed & watered mother to start with. That was my one long run-on paragraph crash course on how to root clones like a champ. Time to roll some shit up now!

If you want to root clones as fast as possible in rockwool cubes,
          (1) fully squeeze the rockwool out after
          (2) soaking in low PH (around 5.5 - 6) very dilute nutrient solution of like 200 ppm of a 1/1/1 ratio of GH flora series with a few drops of superthrive per gallon so the roots have what they need when they develop and so the clones show less deficiencies. The trick here is a few things,
          (3) re-cut the tip of the clone underwater after taking it from the mother plant about a 1/4 inch up from the original cut as to prevent air bubbles that will dry out and kill the clone - do this before dipping it in your hormone if you use one,
          (4) scrape the stems very gently where they are to root with the back of a pair of scissors or with a butter knife to help the clone take up water in the stem tissue and stimulate hormone production & root growth where it is disturbed,
          (5) cut the leaves in half to reduce transpiration and close the stomata so the clones do not lose internal moisture and wilt after being cut,
          (6) do not mist your clones unless it's absolutely necessary as this delays rooting signifigantly since they don't need to grow them to get water,
          (7) keep the rooting medium barely damp and not wet & you will get faster roots seeking the moisture out with less bacterial or fungal issues.
          (8) Fresh air exchange is vital, make sure to give clones plenty of fresh air by lifting the lid or top, etc at least once a day and blowing fresh air into their space and releasing overly humid stale air - also once they show signs of root growth uncover them and if they do not wilt then do not recover them & then the roots will grow very fast at this point, if necessary at this point due to almost dry rockwool you can add a small amount of the same type nute solution you started with to the bottoms of the cubes but just enough to make them damp not soaked.

Equipment
          1st Grow
          Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

I just took 3 cuttings and dipped them in Aloe Vera fresh cut from my back yard. Simply hydrated the rockwool cube and squeezed the excess water and filled the hole with aloe Vera gel from the fresh cut and simply put the cut in the hole. That’s it 3 out of 3 rooted that 💯 success rate. Cheap and easy. Aloe has those rooting hormones also kelp meal. Those 2 is all I use.

Comment

MrPNW Take 1/4 cup of kelp meal and cover that with about 1/2 cup of water and let it completely re-hydrate. Once that is done then pour off any excess water and use that for a kelp meal tea.

Take the hydrated kelp meal fertilizer and puree it as much as possible to make a kelp meal paste. You'll want to do this in small batches and store in the refrigerator in the coldest place which is usually in a corner.

When you need to apply a kelp meal tea than add about 2 tsp. to 1 gallon of water, shake until it's completely dispersed and this is a safe concentration for spraying the leaves and you would probably want to double that amount to apply to the soil.

That's it!

Thats how I prepare my hydrated kelp meal. For cloning I just use the gel as I already posted and then I just dip the cubes in kelp meal water/tea to soak up those 2 alone will make really strong clones. I haven’t seen one clone wilt at all since I’ve used those 2.

Comment

• MrPNW
              MrPNW commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you again Cali.
              I just read on the GWE Top 5 Flowering Mistakes page, one is not to over apply your nutrients.
              Being my first grow and not wanting to screw it up now, after going through all I did to get this far, can you make a recommendation on my Ready to Flip Page on how to apply natural nutrients in flower stage?
              I’ve used Nature’s Living Soil, seaweed extract and molasses to make compost tea from the beginning. Maybe include the seaweed meal? Any other ingredients? I started with natural and organic products and would like to stay away from chemicals if possible. But if they are needed I can do it.

This is My First Grow I transplanted these Pennywise clones on October 1st and I believe they were just a month old. I had many problems throughout October trying to dial in the environment and soil nutrients. A number of the issues stressed them and slowed growth, but they have been growing pretty well since mid November. The

Finally! My cloning supplies are due to arrive today. Bad weather slowed things up. I will be cloning my Pennywise, basil, African violet and some blueberry (fruit, not strain).
            Click image for larger version

Name:	6EF936B8-D28B-4101-8032-71CD178D712D.jpeg
Views:	1958
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	481529

Equipment
            1st Grow

Comment

Nice cubes!

From the Hormex home page;
              Recommends #8 or #16 for cannabis

DIRECTIONS:
              As quickly as possible, make cuttings, dip in Hormex Rooting Powder, and plant in your preferred grow medium.
              1. Moisten base of cutting with clean water or quickly dip in Hormex Vitamin B1 and Hormone Concentrate. Shake off excess moisture.
              2. Dip base of cuttings into Hormex Rooting Powder.
              3. Tap cutting to remove excess powder.
              4. Plant treated cuttings in rooting media, being careful not to rub off rooting powder when planting.

PRO TIP 1: Remember to keep your grow medium slightly moist but not soaked and keep your new plants warm and in bright light, but out of direct sunlight. Many cuttings will also benefit from added humidity. This can be done by using a rooting cube tray with dome or even a clean clear plastic bag or container with a few small holes. Avoid letting the plastic touch the cutting.

Once the cuttings have developed roots, which can take anywhere from 5 - 12 days depending on the plant variety, replant them in another container with moist potting soil or other grow medium.

PRO TIP 2: To identify whether roots have formed or not, pull lightly on the plants. If they pop right out, they are not ready. If you feel some resistance, go ahead and repot.

PRO TIP 3: Never place unused rooting powder back in container to prevent possible contamination. While not common, it is best to avoid this variable.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5C9A1CFE-B97F-4FEE-A936-80AD705B3A4D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	701.3 KB ID:	481628
              Click image for larger version  Name:	8DC4EA0E-481B-44C9-8D6F-7B21BD1C6D7F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	758.9 KB ID:	481629
              Click image for larger version  Name:	A5AAA30C-63D7-4366-ABC6-4EA1B98809DD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	469.2 KB ID:	481627
              Last edited by MrPNW; 01-13-2021, 02:40 AM.

Equipment
              1st Grow

Comment

Cannabis is the most widely used illegal drug globally, its most well-known and popular form being marijuana. Used for millennia as a medicinal element, today, it is used mainly as a recreational drug or as an auxiliary method in the fight against the effects of certain diseases. OrganicCBDNugs are used in medicine a lot, but we must keep in mind that there is not a single type of marijuana, but both nature and human action have led to hundreds of varieties. In this article, we will learn about some of the types of marijuana that exist and their basic characteristics.
                Last edited by MarlonMcbride; 08-28-2022, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fuck off

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What she said! ^ I'll add you are on the wrong forum dudet.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X