Pruning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Pruning

I am a new grower. I have 2 plants that I am growing indoors. In my excitement about trying to grow I have let my plants get too tall. I realize now I should have topped them a while ago and I am wondering exactly how much I can safely cut off the top. I am also wondering if doing some pruning might help. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there Imawordsmith. For this sort of question, pictures are pretty much essential. Can you post some?

Comment

How's about a pic Imawordsmith or just count where the leaf comes out from bottom of plant count up to 3-4 leaf nodes and wack it off.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

As long as it’s in the vegetative state you can prune it as small as you want. Just make sure you make your cuts above a growth node. Only harm is the time, electricity and extra nutes used to veg it to a height that’s too big.

Comment

Bend her over .
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Xena
            Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s my motto! 😳👊😄

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yes do bend the plant over this group loves that LOL

Pictures would definitely help. You didn't mention if you were in veg or flower, pretty important detail.

Comment

Plants are in veg stage.

Comment

Couple of options there. Either bend them over and tie them down, or top them as low as you need to.

Comment

Bend her over and tie her down! Sounds like a great way to start the new year😂

Comment

Ok. So I jumped in with both feet and bent those girls over. I have 2 plants so I bent them in towards each other so they would get more light. Now that the bent parts are kind of clumped together should I expect them to start looking for the light and poking their leaves up a bit? I have still got some nerves being a newbie and all. Thanks.

Comment

• dphipps1020
                    dphipps1020 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, they will start growing back toward the light

• bboyfromwayback
                    bboyfromwayback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Depending on the level of stress involved they may be turned up in a couple hours or a day

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X