Mainline pruning question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Mainline pruning question.

Hello growers ! I mainlined for 8 colas. I am currently on day 10 since flip. I really wanted to mainline to get 8 thick kebab style colas. I left 3 nodes when i flipped . These nodes have become almost branches and tops. Should i cut them off and leave only the nodes that àre still short and close to the main colas ? Will it hurt yields? Thanks guys...

I just want to see what others say but I've done them as mainline and as just kind of like a bush. Bush yields more smoke. Myself after they make little flowers I let them finish. A lot depends on the strain.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

With a mainline or manifold you’ll have your eight or so main colas and each of them will eventually have 2-4 side branches that develop into mini colas. I’ve removed the side branches, leaving only the main colas, and I’ve left them. If you remove the side branches you’ll have bigger, thicker main colas with less smaller buds but overall yield will be less. A lot easier to trim up though

Comment

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
        With a mainline or manifold you’ll have your eight or so main colas and each of them will eventually have 2-4 side branches that develop into mini colas. I’ve removed the side branches, leaving only the main colas, and I’ve left them. If you remove the side branches you’ll have bigger, thicker main colas with less smaller buds but overall yield will be less. A lot easier to trim up though
        Thanks for detailed answer. Overall yields are a priority so Ill wait till day 20 and then clip all the fan leaves off and see how many bud sites i can expose . Then ill decide if i need to clip a branch!

Comment

I followed nebula's manifold tutorial on my last round and I actually left the little side colas here's a couple pics. I let em get about 2 feet tall before the switch to 12s and left about 10 inches of canopy (lollipop style) and ended up with an average yield of a quarter pound each plant.
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post
            I followed nebula's manifold tutorial on my last round and I actually left the little side colas here's a couple pics. I let em get about 2 feet tall before the switch to 12s and left about 10 inches of canopy (lollipop style) and ended up with an average yield of a quarter pound each plant.
            Wow! Its great i get to see an example. They dont grow to be such big buds so im debating if i should keep them or not. I might leave the ones i think have potentiel and light. Selective pruning ?
            if i can ask, how long dis you veg for total ?

Comment

Popped on 7/19. Switch to 12s on 9/9. Harvest 1st 11/1 last one 11/22. 6 plants total 4 were manifolds
              here's a couple more pics the first two are a plant that went preflower on it's own at about 16 or 18 inches and just stopped growing I thought it was an auto but it didn't actually flower until the switch. I think the seeds got mixed up on me because it's supposed to be the same strain as the other pics I put up there. Then again it could have just taken after the other side of the family wouldn't be the first time. Plants are like kids sometimes they look like mom other times dad or even grandma lol
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	old sep30.JPG
Views:	544
Size:	457.6 KB
ID:	478346Click image for larger version

Name:	new sep30.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	478347

Hi Mcnugs, These are my 2 grow boxes and my first manifold from my previous grow; here they are well after 3 week stretch; I kept all colas that made it into the sweet spot in the light, had to do quite a bit of super-cropping. I think it's best to wait until after 1st 3 weeks to do trimming: I've stunted growth in the past by doing it, so I wait now.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• MeEasy
                  MeEasy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  alltatup what size rooms are they? That's one of the nicer setups I've ever seen 👍

MeEasy They are BCNL RoomMate grow boxes, and they made a whole lot of things easier for me in the beginning. I did not have the time or the expertise to put together a grow room, I needed stealth and mobility, and I got what I wanted with two of these.

Name:	roomie model.png
Views:	576
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	478458
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They sure saved me a lot of mess and hassle. It was the right choice for my circumstances.

• MeEasy
                  MeEasy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I went to the website and damn these are in the top two best setups I've seen. I don't remember the name of the other one but they look like those metal chemical or tool cabinets but they are fully contained units like yours.
                  What do the kids call it now "jelly" hahaha

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm quite fond of them... ;-} I love the LED Cobbs that are strong and fairly cool. Switching to LED brought down the heat in my grow room quite a bit.

How are you doing with your trim job 24McNuggetsPlease I'd like to see your progress. We crazy mainliners haveta stick together. I'm planning on top dressing later today I'll have more pics but this is like 3 days ago all are 8 top manifolds. I have some ideas on some things but with all this health crap I'm just trying not to kill anything lol.
                good luck guys/gals
                TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A plethora of mainlines!!! Truly awesome.

Hey guys/gals thought I'd stop by and show off a couple pics of the progress of the girls. I stripped down the bottoms, and top fed some flower food today
                TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

Hey guys/gals thought I'd stop by and show off a couple pics of the progress of the girls. I stripped down the bottoms, and top fed some flower food today
                  Hey friend! Looks amazing. So with mine I decided to leave the side branches that worked their way to the top. Im on day 19 of flower, and last night i did a very serious defoilation. It is 12:38 pm now. At 19:00 when light come on Ill snap some pics on my progress.

Comment

• MeEasy
                    MeEasy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah man I'm around off n on all day n night I'll be back

How are you doing with your trim job 24McNuggetsPlease I'd like to see your progress. We crazy mainliners haveta stick together. I'm planning on top dressing later today I'll have more pics but this is like 3 days ago all are 8 top manifolds. I have some ideas on some things but with all this health crap I'm just trying not to kill anything lol.
                  good luck guys/gals
                  Hey again man abit late but here are some pictures of my mainline after heavy week 3 defoliation. I cant wait to see how the buds fatten up. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210110_010355.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	480724

Name:	20210110_010207.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	4.28 MB
ID:	480726Click image for larger version

Name:	20210110_010159.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	480727Click image for larger version

Name:	20210110_010146.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	480728Click image for larger version

Name:	20210110_010151.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	480729

Name:	20210110_010342.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	480725

Comment

• MeEasy
                    MeEasy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A little different from the way I do it but it's the same principle. Nugbuckets does it like yours I believe and that guy has it down. I don't know if you've seen his stuff. They're lookin good I'm a ways behind you on timing

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man, those are some Sativa-esque plants!! Awesome mainline.

Switched the girls to flower today. I really like to do a good defoliation at the switch but I still can't get around very good and not supposed to lift over 5 lbs so they're gonna have to wait for a bit.
                  TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                  TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                  3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You take it easy there fella don't be getting poked by them dern pineapples LOL man those are gonna be huge cola makers

• 24McNuggetsPlease
                    24McNuggetsPlease commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They look great man. Will you be defoliating at week 3 ?

• MeEasy
                    MeEasy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    24McNuggetsPlease I'm hoping I can get some cut off before then but I will at 3 weeks 4sure I'll be able to bend down by then. I normally strip them down pretty good right as I switch em but I just can't physically right now

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X