Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad Day - SEEDS

Hello my Friends,
    today is a sad day for me, i went to say hello to my girls, and two of them turned out to be boys! I had four plants in my tent, two where auto fems, and two that came from some auto fems i grew. so i assumed they would be auto fems too, but they didn't show in signs under the 18/6 light schedule, so i made a make-shift tent out of pvc and tarps, and moved the two in there with a 12/12 schedule, and they started to flower. they have been on 12/12 for 18 days, and now, fucking seeds what should i do? one of the only had one seed, and I plucked it off, the other has quite a few, so I took it outside, where it will surely die. do you thing the plant that I plucked off the seed, will keep growing more? do you think the two autos in my tent will get seeds?
    any thoughts or advise?

Attached Files

Not sure what you mean by seeds? A male plant grows pollen sack at the leaf nodes like a group of grapes. When these mature (3-6 weeks), they open and release pollen. This pollen destroys your nice flowering females by pollenating and stopping the resin producing process. The female will then start making seeds where pollenated. If you find a male in your flower room just ditch it as chance are you will notice long before any pollen gets released.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to add. If you find a hermi, I wouldn't take the chance of plucking off the male pollen sacks as most likely more will appear. Just get rid of or flower separately from the females if you really need the weed
      Last edited by Kevin77; 12-31-2020, 02:01 AM.

Comment

if you saw balls its to late your pollinated , still if you grow the strain again and do the same thing those seeds will be stable .regular but stable so they wont turn on you mid grow good luck
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

so do you think the room is contaminated, and the pollen got inside the tent, and the store bought auto fem seeds/plants, in the tent are going to be hermies?

Comment

Getting pollinated doesn't make them hermies, it makes seeds.

Comment

I would think nothing got pollenated and that you have some male or hermi's. No pollen get released until those sacks open like little flowers themselves. Rule of thumb if you see pollen sacks at the leaf nodes instead of a pistil with two white hairs, ditch the plant, unless you want to make seeds of course.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                I found a male with balls that just started showing and everything in the tent was pollinated, even outside we found a male and the surrounding plants were pollinated

that's what was strange, those two two plants were full on flowering, no seeds, until i moved them. light bleed gave them seeds!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X