Grow 3 - Autos Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Grow 3 - Autos Again

The plan is to have 4 quadlined auto plants in my tent this time around. On 12/28 I put 4 seeds into my germination station sometime in the late afternoon.
    Daiquiri Lime - Dutch Passion
    Blueberry - Seedsman
    Bloody Skunk - Expert Seeds
    Skunky Monkey - Heavyweight Seeds

This morning I put a Strawberry Cheesecake from Seedsman in the germination station just in case the Skunky Monkey doesn't pop. My last grow I had tried germinating a Skunky Monkey seed but had no luck, today about 48 hrs later still nothing but my other seeds cracked and had really nice taproots. The 3 seeds that are ready were put into rapid rooters and into their buckets.

I have new fan for this grow! My vivosun 440cfm has bad bearings and is eventually going to completely fail. I did get a credit for the cost of the fan from vivosun because it failed within their 1 year warranty. I went with an Infinity Clouline T6 with the temp and humidity controller. I gotta say, I already love it!

Ill do my best to update weekly! Thanks in advance and happy growing!

​​​​​​
    Last edited by NickyChicks; 01-06-2021, 10:11 PM.
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

I’m gunna fallow along for the ride. I love autos.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• NickyChicks
      NickyChicks commented
      Editing a comment
      YYCannabis thanks! I'm still very new to growing but I had a lot of success (I'm my opinion 😆) my last grow and they were all autos.

Oh and by the way, thank you! You don't know this but your post about making an LED strip fixture definitely helped me build my current light fixtures. The LEDgardener site was very helpful too, as well as youtube and some knowledge and guidance to the right places from some members here!
      Last edited by NickyChicks; 12-30-2020, 09:37 PM.

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad it was inspiring 😁 DIY and home gardening can be a great combo. I’m currently DIY working on a dihydrogen monoxide scrubber with thermal effluence cycling for dealing with high humidity in enclosed spaces 😁
      Autos are great for new growers...they are tolerant of all the abuses new growers inflict on them while learning.

Good morning and glad your doing another grow. Skunky monkey no poppy? I wish you luck with the grow looking forward to watching the grow
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NickyChicks
      NickyChicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey SoOrbudgal! Yeah that Skunky monkey is acting funky. Strawberry Cheesecake just joined the tent in place of the SM. I'll leave the seed in my germination station through the weekend but I don't have my hopes up. That's ok, I'm going to be happy to grow the 4 I got going!

I got some crosses of that strawberry cheesecake in the auto form running 2 with my photos now.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

One week down! The Skunky Monkey never cracked, I let it go until last night before I trashed it. On the bright side the Strawberry Cheesecake is full steam ahead even though its 2 days behind the rest of the tent. For the purpose of making my life easier I'm just going to pretend they're all on the same day of their lives.

​​​​​Nothing really exciting to report other than they're looking good! I just finished changing out the water and they're back to growing. See you next week!
      4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look great

Day 23. Its been a couple weeks since I last updated. Honestly, I wouldn't say I had a great start, I screwed myself a little bit. I was dealing with white slimy gunk inside the reservoirs after the water change from my last post. I believe it was caused by a poor job in sterilizing my air stones after my last grow. The air stones themselves were very slimy and I had gunk floating around inside and stuck on the sides of the buckets. I cleaned all of the buckets with iso and very hot water. I soaked the air stones in iso and then rinsed.
      SInce then the plants have been doing pretty good. They all perked back up except for the daiquiri lime, it's growing fine but it's leaves are kinda droopy and curling downward. For now I'll just keep an eye on it and keep monitoring pH. Maybe it's just having a hard time recovering...
      All except the blueberry have been topped and started on the proccess of being tied down. Probably a little frowned upon to have topped them with having a rough start but I'm banking on a strong recovery.
      Another note about the daiquiri lime, it's stipules have a slight resemblance to curly fries lol. Check out the pic I took, it's pretty neat. I know I'm still very new to growing but none of the plants I've grown so far have looked that way.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal thanks for the kind words. Pretty certain most of my troubles have been my own doing but I think I'm back on track!

• Dannyboy58
        Dannyboy58 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have my first grow going with some autos. Curious when and where you topped. mine are just 2 weeks old now and I'm probably not going to top them since they're my first but trying to learn along with watching them develop.

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Dannyboy58 I topped mine all around the 3 week mark. I really shouldn't have because my roots were not the healthiest at the beginning of my grow but I did anyways lol. Where I top them depends on how the plant grows. But I think most of these I cut above the 3rd node.

Day 35 and we're moving right along. I imagine I'll start to see some stretching happening over the next few weeks. So far I've just been doing some small defol and tying down. Daiquiri lime looks like it has some clawing happening so I cut back a little bit on the micro. Strawberry cheesecake is a bit small but it looks nice so hopefully she turns out to be mighty. Not much else to update on, just waiting for them to start getting big!

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

Day 42, water change today. 2 days ago I did some readjusting of the tie downs and some defol. Mostly just the really big fan leaves but some I went a little sheer happy. All and all they look good. The DL liked me taking the micro down a notch, no more clawing. I'm not impressed with how the SC is growing but I did read that they do better not topped, maybe I should have listened 😂. Bloody skunk seems to be furtherest along judging by the amount of pistils popping out. Blueberry just doing it's thing. Check back in a week!
        ​​​​​​

First.Grow
        Second.Grow​​
        PC.Grow
        Grow.3
        4th.Grow

Comment

Day 56 and it's a good one! Finally seeing some pistils on the Daiquiri Lime, hallelujah! The Bloody Skunk is flowering and I'm starting to see some nice purple colors popping out, the Blueberry and Strawberry Cheesecake are not far behind. The Blueberry is really picking up steam, I read that it flowers fast so that would be cool. I set the timer for my UVB bulbs, starting them at 2hrs and I'll increase by 30mins every other week or so. Not much else to update on, they're just cruising along.

First.Grow
          Second.Grow​​
          PC.Grow
          Grow.3
          4th.Grow

Comment

• NickyChicks
            NickyChicks commented
            Editing a comment
            YYCannabis I do water changes every Wednesday, haven't had to add any water but when I do it's plain pHed water. The red stems are possibly strain related, the bloody skunk has dark purple and reddish colored buds.

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there a heater or something blowing on it?

• NickyChicks
            NickyChicks commented
            Editing a comment
            YYCannabis no heater just a small fan blowing across all of the plants to circulate air

Post defoliation picture

First.Grow
          Second.Grow​​
          PC.Grow
          Grow.3
          4th.Grow

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            The defol looks great.

But that one plant....looks like it has some issues.

Did some more defol yesterday on all the plants, they certainly needed it. Added a gallon to the DL. The buds on the BS are turning a real deep purple, pics don't do it justice but I included some.

First.Grow
          Second.Grow​​
          PC.Grow
          Grow.3
          4th.Grow

Comment

Day 64! Did a water change yesterday, did some thinning out earlier in the week on Sunday. Probably going to do a little defol tomorrow after work.
            Not much to report on other than things are looking pretty good. The bloody skunk is really getting some beautiful color to it! The blueberry is looking good too, starting to build some mass for sure.
            ​​​​

First.Grow
            Second.Grow​​
            PC.Grow
            Grow.3
            4th.Grow

Comment

• JeffInCanada
              JeffInCanada commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good! Nice variety of strains there. Interesting to see them all together, you can really see how different they are.

• NickyChicks
              NickyChicks commented
              Editing a comment
              JeffInCanada thanks! It is very cool to see all the differences between the plants, especially now that they're flowering!

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Last summer outdoor i had a unknown strain looked like that purple skunk sure is a pretty flower.

Did some defoliation tonight. I'm really hoping to eliminate the amount of popcorn buds I get in comparison to my prior grows. I did my best to get rid of most of the lower budsite and low branches.

First.Grow
            Second.Grow​​
            PC.Grow
            Grow.3
            4th.Grow

Comment

The daiquiri lime got top off today because she's a drinker. Added a gallon. Also gave her a new look because she is quite bushy, bent most of the top outward hoping to get some light to the core and maybe coax her into flowering faster lol. She's showing pistils but they certainly aren't exploding out yet and the calyxes aren't swelling up yet much but I'll just keep feeding her and wait!

First.Grow
              Second.Grow​​
              PC.Grow
              Grow.3
              4th.Grow

Comment

• JeffInCanada
                JeffInCanada commented
                Editing a comment
                Funny that the daiquiri lime is the drinker, lol. Looking good, it'll be worth your patience I'm sure!

• NickyChicks
                NickyChicks commented
                Editing a comment
                JeffInCanada ha I didn't even think about it like that! I think she's going to be a real winner

Those autos really look good!
              great job
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• NickyChicks
                NickyChicks commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Capt! I'm enjoying growing them for sure

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X