Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Did some more defol yesterday on all the plants, they certainly needed it. Added a gallon to the DL. The buds on the BS are turning a real deep purple, pics don't do it justice but I included some.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    YYCannabis no heater just a small fan blowing across all of the plants to circulate air

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Is there a heater or something blowing on it?

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    YYCannabis I do water changes every Wednesday, haven't had to add any water but when I do it's plain pHed water. The red stems are possibly strain related, the bloody skunk has dark purple and reddish colored buds.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    The defol looks great.

But that one plant....looks like it has some issues.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Well, it’s in early flower, its’ got red stem, and some leaf tips are dark and turned downward or whole leaves dark with brownish discoloration. The red stems might be strain related but I’m not sure. But the fact of being in early flower and the dark, ugly leaves is a red flag.
    How often do you do a full water change?
    Do you do plain water top-ups?

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Post defoliation picture

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    YYCannabis thank you, the first plant is Bloody Skunk and it's been kinda giving me a hard time the entire grow. Not sure what to do about it looking dry but I can def try adjusting the nutes.
    This picture was take right before the water change. After the water change I had a little defoliation session, they're getting much more light through them now!
    Curious, what leads you to believe my first plant there is in need of P or K, I understand it doesn't look as healthy as the rest but is there something specific that is an indicator?

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    That plant in the first pic looks a little sick. Looks dry and like it wants more P and/or K.
    But those other 3 look fantastic. If they were mine, I’d be thinning out those older, bigger fan leaves. Get light down into the heart of the plant. Since you’re in hydro, your roots should be massive by now, so you don’t need as many big fan leaves anymore.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 56 and it's a good one! Finally seeing some pistils on the Daiquiri Lime, hallelujah! The Bloody Skunk is flowering and I'm starting to see some nice purple colors popping out, the Blueberry and Strawberry Cheesecake are not far behind. The Blueberry is really picking up steam, I read that it flowers fast so that would be cool. I set the timer for my UVB bulbs, starting them at 2hrs and I'll increase by 30mins every other week or so. Not much else to update on, they're just cruising along.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 42, water change today. 2 days ago I did some readjusting of the tie downs and some defol. Mostly just the really big fan leaves but some I went a little sheer happy. All and all they look good. The DL liked me taking the micro down a notch, no more clawing. I'm not impressed with how the SC is growing but I did read that they do better not topped, maybe I should have listened 😂. Bloody skunk seems to be furtherest along judging by the amount of pistils popping out. Blueberry just doing it's thing. Check back in a week!
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 35 and we're moving right along. I imagine I'll start to see some stretching happening over the next few weeks. So far I've just been doing some small defol and tying down. Daiquiri lime looks like it has some clawing happening so I cut back a little bit on the micro. Strawberry cheesecake is a bit small but it looks nice so hopefully she turns out to be mighty. Not much else to update on, just waiting for them to start getting big!

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal thanks for the kind words. Pretty certain most of my troubles have been my own doing but I think I'm back on track!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Yes i don't know what it is about winter grows giving me and others more minor issues than summer it seems. But your grow from this angle looks really good, training looks great.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 23. Its been a couple weeks since I last updated. Honestly, I wouldn't say I had a great start, I screwed myself a little bit. I was dealing with white slimy gunk inside the reservoirs after the water change from my last post. I believe it was caused by a poor job in sterilizing my air stones after my last grow. The air stones themselves were very slimy and I had gunk floating around inside and stuck on the sides of the buckets. I cleaned all of the buckets with iso and very hot water. I soaked the air stones in iso and then rinsed.
    SInce then the plants have been doing pretty good. They all perked back up except for the daiquiri lime, it's growing fine but it's leaves are kinda droopy and curling downward. For now I'll just keep an eye on it and keep monitoring pH. Maybe it's just having a hard time recovering...
    All except the blueberry have been topped and started on the proccess of being tied down. Probably a little frowned upon to have topped them with having a rough start but I'm banking on a strong recovery.
    Another note about the daiquiri lime, it's stipules have a slight resemblance to curly fries lol. Check out the pic I took, it's pretty neat. I know I'm still very new to growing but none of the plants I've grown so far have looked that way.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X