Hydro guard Does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro guard Does it work?

Does it work if water temps are in the mid 70'sF? Any experience?

Not sure what you mean by does it work but when I tried it my temps were up close to the 90f, most of the time it was between 80-90 not sure how hot it was in the reservoir? I know I would throw ice packs in there to keep the water cool had not root rot issues. Changed the water once a week. 5 gallon bucket..

Comment

It works.
      The stuff i get in canada is called hygrozyme...same stuff, different name. I add it to every water change and again at mid-week. If you grow in hydro, you really should be using it.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I used it for my DWC grow, no rot root with reservoir temp as high as 72 f. It is cheap insurance.

Comment

Howdy smoorman, I tried the Hydro-guard several years back and did not get the protection that I was expecting to get from it. I have had better results by keeping the water temperatures below 70° F (using ice bottles), keeping the water well aerated (quad pump with four 2" x 4" air stones in each reservoir), and blocking out any light leak.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

YYCannabis where do you find the hygrozyme? I have been getting hydroguard from the USA through Amazon shipped to AB. It's a bit pricey.

3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
            New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
            Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
            5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              I get it at a hydroponic shop in Calgary called IncrediGrow. Depending what part of AB you’re in you should be able to find it locally.
              Horticultural Enzyme Formula Hygrozyme is a powerful blend of concentrated, beneficial enzymes that work synergistically to ensure plants achieve their full genetic potential. It provides a cleaner root zone by accelerating the break down of dead root matter and unlocking essential nutrients for your plant.

• Drekthar
              Drekthar commented
              Editing a comment
              YYCannabis i am in NWT but order to a address in AB and knew you we're Cowtown due to your YYC portion of your user name. I have a sister in Calgary....
              I looked it up on Amazon and it's pretty well same price as hydroguard but i suspect may have a better shelf life as the Hydroguard sometimes has poor dating... Thanks

• Drekthar
              Drekthar commented
              Editing a comment
              That store/vendor should list with Amazon they are cheaper than 3 lowest vendors listed on Amazon.

Originally posted by YYCannabis View Post
            It works.
            The stuff i get in canada is called hygrozyme...same stuff, different name. I add it to every water change and again at mid-week. If you grow in hydro, you really should be using it.
            hygrozyme is an enzyme additive that breaks down alga and things that fungus feeds on. Hydro guard is beneficial bacteria. Hygrozyme claims to not hurt beneficial bacteria. I'll research this one a bit. Thanks

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X