Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is invisable mold a thing because my grow Fing sticks of it

hi growers the stink omfg

im getting ready to harvest and i was starting to strip the fan leaves but had to stop due to the mold musky smell im literally going to the shops to get a mask before i touch it any more

as mentioned in a past post ive grown indoors for about 3 years and have grow a range of different strains and all end up with this moldy musk smell late flower what is making me thinks its nothing to do with the strains and something im doing or something in my environment is going bad

currently im using green plantes 2 part grown nutrient canna classic fore for bloom and canna cal mag. i use my tapwater and i dont ph as after adding nutes my ph ends up around 6.4.

this strain i over feed and its in a small pot 12L coco coir with perlite so bugs differently small and overcrowded but i have decent air flow still and i leave my exhaust on 24/7 with filter intaking air from out side my house and venting in to the room my cupboard is in then venting that room out a window. its a 2.5x2x6ft cupboard

im using a spiderfarmer sf2000 dimmed to 170w with a hanging height of around 12-15 inches

i normally scrog to a degree and some lst but run in to issues lollipopping and removing all the scrappy stuff out the base of the scrog and inside it so i think i have to stop using one maybe

i get my headings a strange one but im legit thinking i have some sort of invisible mold going on or deep inside the thick of it a cluster forming .

ive reched in the middle and chopped a bud to investigate but looks fine just smells like mold

i about a week left until final take down or maybe abit longer depending on trics

here is a heap of photos tell me your thoughts

Tell us about the temps and RH.

Comment

good point im probably missing some information but lights on temps are 28c mostly and off 19c if i see temps going over 30 at any point i take the intake duct out the windows and let it take in ac air for abit till temps drop

humidity normally low 45% it stays pretty stable

Comment

I might be seeing things but I'm seeing severe bud rot. Those buds are almost completely gray?? I hope I'm wrong but I think it is a total loss. Do you have a magnifying device you can look at the buds under? Bud rot looks like webs under magnification. Again I sure hope I'm wrong

Edit = added link

Last edited by MeEasy; 12-24-2020, 07:44 AM.
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just telling my wife the same thing MeEasy. I would cut a bud open and look. I hope I'm wrong because that looks like a very nice crop.

Tops look fine to me
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

its a purple strain this is the image from the seller on the page where i got the seeds from looks almost the same just abit crapper

Comment

trics from the bud i cut out the center of the plants not ready but no sine of mold just the stink of it

Comment

I agree the bud looks fine. I wonder if there is something going on in the pot. Or if water is leaking, condensing or accumulating somewhere. Do you run a dehumidifier?

Comment

Grow medium maybe? Soils can get contamination also cuz ur bud looks good to me. It always sucks but you could try a flush see if that works.

Comment

Just re read your post ok so when u bust open the bud it smells like mold? Some strains smell diff and a wet plant just chopped has chlorophyll it can take some time for it to get those ripe terpenes.

Comment

Looks like you built your own grow space. I’m wondering if you are getting moisture behind your reflective barrier. Is the space well vapor sealed to keep moisture away from the inside of the walls?
                    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Acology
                      Acology commented
                      Editing a comment
                      hmm maybe after this run i will strip the walls back and take a look. i was thinking maybe partial bored puts off that smell when heated up

• YYCannabis
                      YYCannabis commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Particle board? Or MDF? Both could be allowing moisture through the wall if there was no vapor barrier.

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I pulled a piece of paneling from a wal, it had a warning on the back to not be used for homes. I put it back and sold the place.

that's the sort of wood my cupboards are made out of. maybe i should strip it down and add a layer of waterproofed marital like in bathrooms or something

my veg side is lined with sound dampening heat resistance and fire retardant foam like what vans and cars use in engine bays but my flower side is only lined with reflective tape but i have that on a carboarded backing. maybe that has absorbed moisture

the more i think about that the more i feel you may be right in saying i have a vapor barrier trapping stink behind it but cant really check till crops gung and dried

Comment

Great looking closet grow 👍
                      I wonder if that foam material your using is what’s containing the mold smell.
                      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Acology
                        Acology commented
                        Editing a comment
                        im not using it in the flower side but i have intentions to

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X