Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weed for mostly for edibles: Early chop/copper deficiency/yellowing leaves question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed for mostly for edibles: Early chop/copper deficiency/yellowing leaves question

I caught a mineral/nutrient deficiency rather late and as a result, have a potential problem on my hands. I am growing a variety of strains in a pseudo SOG setup. The bud leaves are turning yellow. Some of the buds are just barely on the early side of the harvest window, while some are not quite ready, with most hairs not dark and curled in.

I understand that yellow bud leaves make the weed harsher to smoke, but if I am mostly interested in using the bud for making edibles, is it ok to let the bud mature?

I'm not a big fan of speedy weed anyhow and prefer the effects of the later harvest. Would letting them mature under these circumstances ruin the weed for edibles?

What are your thoughts?

EDITED TO INCLUDE: I'm growing in organic living soil (with lots of healthy additions to the soil), using aloe/LABs/coconut water in ph Balanced water (6.5 on average), (My copper deficiency problem was due to the fact that, unbeknownst to me, the filter I was using for chlorine filtering the water was also filtering out elements like copper (not Magnesium or Calcium). More info about this can be found reading about Stefani Filters. Not sufficient Nutes during veg. Gaia Green Flowering nutes during flowering and then also Kelp meal and switch to tap water through regular carbon filter once I discovered what I beieve the source of the problem: water filter was too powerful, therefore there was a copper deficiency (or other element). Environmental conditions are adequate. LED HLG 100W Light, microgrow 2x2x5 tent.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0898.JPG Views:	8 Size:	3.08 MB ID:	476364Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0896.JPG Views:	6 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	476361Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0895.JPG Views:	8 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	476362Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0897.JPG Views:	7 Size:	2.29 MB ID:	476363
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MaxR; 12-24-2020, 04:04 AM.

As an aside, I am aware that a SOG setup with both 1 gallon and 2 gallon pots is not ideal; however, I was experimenting with pot sizes to figure out my set up, plus a few seeds did not pop and I was hoping to maximize yield, otherwise, I would have used all 1 gallon pots, Maybe that was a mistake too, I don't know...
    Last edited by MaxR; 12-23-2020, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Can you give us some more info on the grow?
      Media, nutes with ph and ec of what you're feeding them.
      Environmental conditions as well as lighting.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, gbauto. I've edited the post to include that info.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X