Spider mites week 9 of flower!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Spider mites week 9 of flower!!!!

Noooooo!!!! I’ve been babying my girls and made it to week 9 of flower w no major pest problems... a few days ago I noticed a few leaves appeared to have a few white spots... but I didn’t see any mites. I just saw a few mites underneath a leaf! Then I moved onto another plant and searched the whole thing and didn’t see anything... but then another plant has a few! I’ve been planning on taking these plants another week or so... but should I just chop now? I’d prefer to wait if I can... I would love to just spray them with something but am afraid I will ruin taste.. although the plants in this tent are mostly for extract... do you think it’s ok to spray w alcohol and water mixture? Or H202 and water mixture? Or even use a light neem oil mixture? I used some during veg but never during flower... I also have some “garden safe fungicide 3” which says it kills spider mites.. that would impact taste but if I’m using this tent for mostly RSO oil will it matter? I’ve never had spider mites... I think a few may have jumped off my dog when he stuck his head in the tent... only thing I can think of.. but I’m less concerned about where it came from and more about what to do next... so, I have 3 questions:

1.) should I chop early?
    2.) if I do chop, will any mites hang around or so they leave chopped plants? Do I rinse the buds to get any off (as of right now I don’t see any on buds and I don’t see any webs.)
    3.) could I take a plant in the shower and run water on it? There don’t appear to be too many right now but I’ve heard horror stories..

any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Here’s a leaf From the bottom of the worst plant. ​ They only appear really be on one of the plants toward the bottom of the plant.. This plant is furthest from the 3 fans circulating air.. can I just hang in there another week? Do they affect taste?
    Here are more pics of this room.. some are close to chop.. just wanted to give another week...

Comment

ChadWestport you’ve been such a big help in the past, I wanted to add you to see if you could help out here.. If you know any other people that you can “@“ mention so they can chime in I’d really appreciate it.

Comment

That late in flower, and a minor infestation, just shower them off with cool water. Either outside with a hose or in the shower. Your almost done, alcohol will just kill trichchromes. Rinse off and a little extra fan they will be fine. I couldn't see your pictures.
        I bet Bob Marley's mansion
        has a garden in the back
        Where he's growing something special
        Some celestial homemade hash
        we'll sit down on his front porch
        And listen to the angels band
        Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

Rwise Wolfe0420 PaganRich Mlevy420 Canuck147
          Adding others that have helped me in the past get to this stage.. hopefully can chime in and help me through the final week or two!

Comment

I saw the post but its so not a fun answer, so I thought to give someone else a shot at it. So, at this point, there is nothing you can do in regards to treatment of the spider mites.

Question is, how much longer do you want to let them keep reproducing in your grow room?

Yes, you can do your best to wash them at harvest, which adds time to the process both in prep and dry. For now, possibly defoliate as much as you can get away with. Treat the floor, walls, surroundings etc, but don't spray anything on your flowers. Then when you do defoliate, bring that material straight outside and don't keep it in the house.

Comment

I just saw your other thread where you describe them as not being very bad. Usually by the time you see one, there is a problem already. But very good to not be in a stage where you have webbing on the buds. Those plants look really nice, I'd try and stick it out for another week or two, but again, do preventative measures on everything but the plant itself.

Comment

I use without any issue ISO and water 50/50, this kills the adults but not the eggs, one would spray the plants bottom (underneath) side first them top every 2-3 days to kill the new hatch. Turn the lights down or off dont leave moisture on the plants with the lights on. The alcohol will evaporate in a minute or three. Spinosad can be used as well, said to be safe to harvest. Ladybugs work best of course, but inside they to can be an issue (fire hazard)
                Dont slack here, if you do you will be sorry!

Comment

How many weeks are left? , pulling off all ur fan leaves may be a option. Treat the room like ChadWestport said. https://growdaddycanada.com/products...4aAq1TEALw_wcB

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I’m thinking 1 more week left until harvest. I’ve heard mixed info on using alcohol/water, most say it is OK.. if I don’t spray buds. 2 more questions:

1.) if doing a partial harvest, is it a problem to not leave the plant in 48 hours of darkness before partial harvest (which obviously won’t work for the buds I plan on not harvesting.) also, if I only have 2 tents, where could I dry the bud? Do I need to have an in-line fan for circulation like in a tent? Or can I just hang them in a closet?
                  2.) some suggest “washing” immediately after harvest, and before drying... this is the order right? Also, what do I “wash” them in? Just dunking them in cool water is fine?

Comment

I don't do the 48 hrs of darkness. I re vegg alot of females so I cut what I want, leave the rest to re establish the plant. I also notice under LEDs taking all the tops and leaving the lower flowers will often allow them to fatten up and mature to a higher quality. Almost like a second harvest.
                    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
                    has a garden in the back
                    Where he's growing something special
                    Some celestial homemade hash
                    we'll sit down on his front porch
                    And listen to the angels band
                    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

I dry in my closet and I also don’t do the 48 dark thing but I do make sure the closet is dark. I use basic oscillating fans in the dry are and make sure there is enough space between the buds when drying never had a problem. The outsides of ur buds will feel crispy to touch but the inside still very moist, I use the snap test on one of my bigger branches before curing. Then I jar them I put 62% boost humidity packs in also but still burp my jars frequently as the middle of the bud sweats out. Should be near perfect after a few weeks of burping. As for the washing of your buds I’m not the knowledgeable nor experienced with that so I’ll let someone else try for that.

Comment

• Mlevy420
                        Mlevy420 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        After all the research, Im going with your method Wolfe0420. Good to know this works for you as Im attempting the same technique. Have the boveda 62% packets, just watching the neverending hourglass til harvest...

• Wolfe0420
                        Wolfe0420 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yea the harvest period always seems like it takes forever right at the end takes everything in my power to drop the trimmers. I’ve been drying this way to years only thing I find is cuz it’s winter and I have the heat on in the house it seems to be dry in here so the flowers dry a bit faster this time of year then they do in like June. I suppose if I was overly concerned witch I’m not I could add a humidifier to the dry room.

Be super careful regarding spraying and UV burn. We had a batch of triphs in week 7 of veg. We battled those fuckers for weeks. We used a spray mix of olive oil and water which quickly charred the shit out of the top halves. Beyond stupid noob mistake. Defoliated like crazy and then switched to Dr Earths organic spray. Smelled like shit for days, killed the eggs and didn't leave any aftertaste. Crazy how the tiniest of creatures sure can piss on the parade quickly. Good luck with the eradication of those evil bastards.
                      4x8x8 indoor
                      Viparspectra VA1200
                      (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
                      Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
                      Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

Comment

Same here, used a garlic, chilli, pyrethrum based spray a week ago... to close to H day to do anything now except keep an eye on it...sure is heartbreaking eh
                        HLG 100 4K quantum board
                        2 x ES300 V3 4x4x8
                        ES300 + ES180 4x4x8
                        🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
                        4 Autopots per tent.
                        🪴🪴🪴🪴🎪🌲🌲🌲🌲
                        CANNA Terra professional medium
                        CalMag =0.4 EC
                        Terra Flores, Terra Vega + Rhizotonic, cannazyme, CannaBoost, canna PK
                        = 😀

Comment

• Mlevy420
                          Mlevy420 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That spray works great, but good god does it stink. How it doesn't affect taste is beyond me. Dr Earths for veggies & fruit $10. Best of luck on the eradication of those pricks!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X