CoolGrows tent dimensions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CoolGrows tent dimensions...

I have a 3' x 3' x 6' Coolgrows tent. I'm satisfied with it but I'm trying to get another cross piece or two to distribute the weight of the light more evenly. Their main site only shows one size tent now and not much else so I'm thinking they may be on the way out. Anyway, I bought a set of cross members for a Vivosun tent, also a 3 x 3 and the only ones I found. Turns out their pieces are exactly 36" from end to end (thus a 3 x 3 duh) but mine in the Coolgrow measures about 36 and a half inches and the exterior is nearly 37". The set had one piece as an over and one an under if that makes sense. The "under" had more metal available so I did McGyver it to work. The other is useless to me at this point (though I'm still thinking it through). Do any of you fine folks have any info on additional pieces that may fit or a way to rig up a little more support at the top?
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

I usually just hang my lights on the overs for weight distribution. I figure if it's too heavy, it will bow a little and use the under for support, if that makes sense. What about using a 2x4 with some metal straps (I don't know what they're called) to go around the poles and screw on to the 2x4? I'll see if I can find a picture of what I'm talking about.

Something like this... https://images.app.goo.gl/EtC9sEGmACLQiXQb8
    Last edited by dphipps1020; 12-23-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

sick minds think alike.
      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

I’d diy something using PVC tubing and a heat gun...might need a length of wood dowel too.
        Simply measure the length you need plus an extra inch or two.
        Heat one end of the PVC tube with heat gun until its warm enough to be squeezed flat and then curved (Iike the factory bar does)
        Cut piece of wood dowel to length to slide INTO the PVC tube (this gives it support so it doesn’t bend and sag)
        Heat, squeeze, and shape the open end to match the first end.
        DONE!
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

PVC tubing is great for custom frames. The one concern is off gassing but that can be mitigated.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X