No announcement yet.

Smells and tastes, can we alter them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact about the warning of placing some of the chemical smell removers on this site. I think goes to give evidence and experience that the smell and taste can be altered while growing. Something to stay away from IMO.

Comment

certain fertilizers can definitely give flower a certain taste. Many say the same for hydro. But I'm not starting that argument, lol

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Like the plant we found growing in an overflow at a sewage treatment plant, damn weed tasted like shit!

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        ewwwww! Thats funny, I wonder if someone flushed a seed.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL it was common to flush when the wrong person knocked at the door!

I have a test going, I skinned an orange (it screamed the whole time) and dropped the zest in a pint jar 'bout half full of death bud 2 days ago. I have let it stand at room temp until this morning when it went into the fridge. The jar when open has a very strong orange smell, of course the peel is still in there. In a few days I'll remove the peel and dry the bud back out as it has picked up a little moisture from the zest.
      WTF is death bud, its small bud that was allowed to die on the plant standing in the sunshine/rain/etc. without care until it died from frost/shock, then when dry pick it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X