Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChadWestport
    replied
    Just make sure you have the light at least 24-36" above the seedlings.

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I think you will be fine then. Just keep the light high and monitor the temperature inside the tent. If it's too hot you can leave the tent flaps open and let the basement air cool it down.

• Rj420
    replied
    Thanks!! It’s cold here and I grow in my basement so I turned my 600w full spectrum on veg 18-6 light cycle. A little help heating won’t hurt and maybe it will help orientate the seeds

Leave a comment:

• Eliot Pryor
    replied
    I start mine in jiffy rooters also. Lights won't help or hurt until it comes up.

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    replied
    I usually run my lights when germinating even though I keep seeing that you don't have to. It's never hurt my plants or anything and I can see when they crack open and the tails start growing with the light on. I have a full spectrum LED in my seedling tent (since has been switched to a mother plant tent) that I used with no issues. You can use HPS but you will have to keep the light higher than normal so you don't burn your seedlings. The reason I usually leave my lights on is because they usually create some heat and keep the tent a little warmer without a heat mat. I bought a heat mat and used it maybe 3-4 times, and not for very long. So I consider a heat mat a waste of money unless you live in a cold climate and have trouble germinating without one. Anyway, the light is kind of personal preference whether you want it on or off.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    No No don't need light till up from soil. Do be careful to warm, wet will rot seeds. If those are not up by day 4 something is wrong, either too warm, wet. Do you have a seedling light? All you'd need is a t-5 tube light or a CFL. HPS too hot for seedlings. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Rj420
    started a topic HYDRO Germinate- lights on or off

Germinate- lights on or off

I’m 3 days into germinating seeds for the first time. I put the seeds in rapid rooter cubes in a heated propagation dome. The question is, should I be running a light too? I have a full spectrum led I can turn on. I know the hps lights are probably too strong for sprouting. If I turn them on should it be 24-0 cycle or 18-6 so they still have dark?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X