Roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Roots

Can anyone please help with identifying my root problem using gen hydro flora in 20 gallon superponic system and a homemade clear Rez solution of chlorine

Looks like they are being chemically pruned. Dont do hydro but those roots are trying to grow without going into the water. Maybe too much preventing treatment?

Comment

• HydroBushDocter
      HydroBushDocter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. The solution I’m using should be identical to clear Rez but I guess I went to heavy I will stop using immediately

Umm...chlorine?
    i don’t think roots like it.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve heard of using people using hydrogen peroxide but never chlorine. I would think that is has to be at a very very minimal concentration?

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Pool shock

• HydroBushDocter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. The solution I’m using should be identical to clear Rez but I guess I went to heavy I will stop using immediately

What's the ph? Are you keeping it steady?

Comment

There is something in that reservoir that the roots don’t like. Your homemade chlorine solution sounds suspect. I used Hydroguard for my DWC grow and had zero root problems.

Comment

• HydroBushDocter
        Editing a comment

Howdy HydroBushDoctor, STOP USING THE CHLORINE SOLUTION, it's killing the plants!!!!! I use the city tap water, it has a tiny amount of chlorine in it, but not enough to kill off my plants. To prevent root rot and other unwanted organisms from growing in the reservoir, keep the water well aerated, cool (temperature between 62° F and 70° F), and block out ALL light leaks. One can also use the hydro-guard, but I prefer the other method (temp, air, and no light) for my grows.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• HydroBushDocter
        Editing a comment

Once you get the reservoir under control, be sure to keep us posted on root growth/recovery. 👍
      Many people could find your experience useful to help resolve a similar problem.

Comment

That's the strangest thing I've ever seen.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

update my plants recovered just fine they really didn't even get stunted much at all that I noticed roots started growing after I changed the reservoir and did not add chlorine solution. I guess when I made the solution I made it to concentrated thinking I would just add a couple mls instead of 5 0r 10. Its weird it did that tho because it was the same solution I used in my cloner and the roots developed fine in that. I'm just gonna stay away from chlorine in general from now on. thanks for your help

Comment

👍 glad they recovered.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X