Nutrients ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients ratios

so ... first time hydrophonic grower..... 8-) ... First time ??? Fuck up?
    so... I read.. I buy.. General-Hydroponics-Flora (Gro, Micro, Bloom).. per growweedeasy.. 8-)

N/P/K ratios
    Gro= 2:1:6
    Micro= 5:0:1
    Bloom= 0:5:4

Then.. I get to growing... 8-)... seedlings... looking light green... two leafs then... no change for 4/5 days ...???
    sounds ??? Short on Nitrogen ... "N"

my first week solution 1/8 oz/gal for all three Gro,Micro,Bloom

then I read the seeds I purchased needs a 6:3:2 solutuion at Veg.
    N=2*P
    N=3*K

I need a Math lesson... do I need differnt Nutrients?

I also read... that B-52 and VooDoo uice works.... for... original auto sour diesal (Yes ... should have picked different grow... but.... 8-?)
    But, they are both 2:1:4..... so that does not seem to help to me...???

Any thoughts... ?? Trash and start over?

If you can post pictures of the plant, that helps as well as your description.

Have you consulted the feeding schedule from General Hydroponics for the Flora series? It might even have the suggested serving size on the bottles.

Where did you get the information about the feed ratios for the seed?

You can also look at the 6.3.2 NPK ratio and say if N = x, P = x divided by 2, K = x divided by 3 ..... Does that make sense?

Comment

• zor
      zor commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the Ratio info from "wayofleaf.com/cannabis/growing/tips-for-growing-sour-diesel"
      What U said about the ratio... makes sence to me... ?
      Maybe I'm just over thinking...everything...
      will work on sending pic.

thanks 4 your time..

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      It is true that certain strains, like Sour Diesel, will want a particular feeding schedule, but I would also consider what the nutrient manufacturer recommends. It is very easy to over think these things, I find myself doing it constantly.

Read the instructions on the bottle thoroughly first. There should be mixing ratios on the bottle. The only thing you should need is a way to measure the nutrient solution. Add Micro first and mix well, then add the other 2 mixing each in good. Start at half strength, so if the bottle says 1 teaspoon per gallon of water, instead do a half teaspoon per gallon. I would also get some CalMag to add in the mix. Adding this in, for general feeding and seedlings the bottle says equal parts of each nutrient mixture. For veg it changes to 3 parts Gro, 2 parts Micro, and 1 part bloom, which is where your NPK should be pretty close to what they recommend for that strain. For flower it's the opposite, 1 part Gro, 2 parts Micro, and 3 parts bloom. Just remember, start with half strength and go up if needed.

Now that that's said, is this your first time growing weed or just your first time trying hydro? Hydro is rewarding but it's also one of the harder methods for growing, in my opinion. I actually started with hydro and kept running into problems (mostly due to heat) so I decided to go to soil. It works so much better for me than hydro did. But I've seen great results from others too. Read the tutorials and follow them and you should be fine as long as you keep the heat down. Hope that helps. Happy growing!
    Last edited by dphipps1020; 12-22-2020, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• zor
      zor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for all your write up...

I got my veg grow ratio from: "wayofleaf.com/cannabis/growing/tips-for-growing-sour-diesel" ... 6:3:2

But, maybe Im just over thinking everything...???
      I started 1/2 stength first 5gal in a 10gal tub. and added CalMag
      its been ~10 days... and I'm down a gal... and therfor I need to add...a gal.
      read...?.. that you should not change water... the first week'ish.. such not to shock the roots ... just add...
      so.. I need to add... and wondering if I should dubble up on the "Micro" (5:0:1) to get more Nitrogen in the system...
      or "Find" some suppliment... of liquid Nitrogen...
      ???
      I guess I Bow to the advice and just stick to your Veg- 3grow:2Micro:1bloom .... and 1:2:3 flowering...

Again... thanks for your Help... Much appreciated.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't add anything extra unless your plant shows that it needs it. There is a feeding schedule on the main site I think that will help. Yeah I really believe you're over thinking it and making it harder on yourself.
      For many people, nutrients can be a pretty confusing topic. Not only are there tons of companies to wade through, but some companies have multiple nutrient lines, extra supplements, additives, etc. And once you’re through with that, you still have to figure out how much and how often to feed your plants. Luckily, many of the major nutrient lines out today will grow great cannabis. However, some can empty your wallet and leave you with much more work than is needed!

one week old...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X