No announcement yet.

12 days from seed. Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR 12 days from seed. Is this normal?

New grower here growing mainly outdoors.

1st grow was bag seed and instinct based on houseplants to yield about 1 oz. (LOL) off a plant grown outdoors, more as a fun experiment than anything.

Then I did research, became fascinated with the process of growing, and decided to try again with real seeds and supplies.

Grow #2 is White Widow Autoflower from ILGM.

First pic is when they popped. I did paper towel method, no pre-soak, and these tap roots came out in under 48 hours. As you can see, they are all pretty healthy. There is one root that looks visibly thinner than the rest.

2nd pic: I started them in half-cut water bottles because that's what I had on hand. They stayed in there for 6 days. I started to see roots growing and curling around the bottom of the plastic. Based on the research I did, I thought when you started seeing roots grow out the bottom of your seedling starter, that's when you put them up to their next pot.

3rd & 4th pic: Here they are before going into their 1 gallon pots and after.

5th pic: Here are the girls today, 6 days after being transferred into the 1 gallon pots and 11 days after going into growing medium (coco/perl).

These are autoflowers, so aren't I about to enter week 3 of veg? If these are going to auto into flower at week 3 or 4, there's absolutely nothing for buds to grow on at this point.

I am growing in coco coir/perlite mix and watering every 2-3 days with spring water which is reading about 6.8 ph.

Is this normal growth or is something wrong? I thought they would be bigger nearly 2 weeks out from popping. They are still seedlings. They are also indoors because it's a little cold here in Florida now and morning temps are around 45 degrees. I plan to take them outside once they are a little stronger.

Can you please help a newbie out? I know patience is a virtue with growing cannabis, and I am patient, but I am wondering if these girls are growing normally or delayed.

They have received no nutes. Just spring water, coco/perl mix, artificial light (cheapo LED light from Amazon). I keep a hygrometer right by them and it's about 70 degrees, 68-78% humidity indoors where they are.
    Last edited by dakini9; 12-21-2020, 01:47 PM.

Auto flowering does not like a rough transplant. Yes those are messed up from transplanting they are stunted. So now they are in 1gal is that the final pot? Are they in just coco peat and perlite?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• dakini9
      dakini9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, just coco & perlite, no nutrients. My plan was sprout, small cups, then 3 gallon, but I think my starter cups were too small so I decided to go to 1 gall as the intermediate step, but maybe if they are going to be small, I'll just grow them in the 1 gallon. I need to rethink my sprouting strategy. Maybe just straight to Solo cups next time.

Yeah - what SoOrbudgal said - stunted? Probably.
    Normal growth? Nope - not enough light - they shouldn't be stretching that much. And yes after about 30 days they should be flowering.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• dakini9
      dakini9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well damn, considering I'm 12 days in, there's gonna be nothing for the buds to grow on. I may pop 3 more seeds and try again, this time without so much transplanting.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Start them in their final pot.

• dakini9
      dakini9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Canuck147. I might try that. With autoflowers, I've read that some people start them in their final pots but that may decrease yield. But these girls probably won't yield much in the state they are in!

FEED ME, SEYMOUR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Coco is inert and doesn't provide ANY nutrients.
    They're starving.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• dakini9
      dakini9 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought you weren't supposed to give seedlings nutes? When do you start feeding?

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      I run Jacks 3-2-1 in my RDWC and coco trays.
      I run it at 1.6ec from seedling to finish.
      I would mix up your nutes at 1.0ec and see how the plants respond.
      The seed has enough energy to sprout and get a tap root going as well as leaf sets, but it will benefit if it has the basic building blocks available.

• dakini9
      dakini9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Today I fed them 2 ml of Big Bloom in 250 ml of spring water. Let's see if that helps. I had the same thing happen to my garden plot. I got everything to seed but then they didn't have enough nutes (poor soil) and stunted. Hopefully I caught this one soon enough.

Yo!! Congrats my man on getting into the Amazing World of Growing Marijuana 💪 its a funny thing that when we know the substance as something we buy from people who sell it, and then growing it ourselves and see how amazing this plant is, and how complex it can be and all the work and the improvisation it takes to make it nice, beautiful and the buzz we get from smoking it, it really is an amazing thing this is 🙂
    well in regard of your doubt of how come its so small still and by the 4th week it flowers, no bro, its not like that.... it never is, all the times u read and hear, specially the ones claimed by the seedbank or seed seller, man take it easy, it always takes longer than u expect, plus i never Ever heard of a plant that takes 4 weeks and start flowering... even with Auto seeds, it always takes around 8 weeks, if not more sometimes.. so the trick really is learning how to make it as big, or as large as you can while is vegging, so u can get much stronger, bigger and fuller buds when its flowering..so there are ways u can set the plant and the branches to grow quite bigger and bulkier than claimed by regular growers and seed banks.. so try and do a bit of research on training and pruning, u will come across very important information!! Up till now i never used Auto seeds even though i do outdoors.. so i have them in veggetative state for like 4 months, like from June onwards, so while days are still long, they grow and grow and grow, then summer goes away and they just turn into massive flower, big buds and its awesome, but cause i do it once a year, i grow plenty to last me the whole year.. good luck man, and remember, everytime u go through the process of planting and all that, you are gathering knowledge, and thats critical, everytime u'll get better and better!! All the best

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had autoflowers start flowering at 21 days out of the soil.

YESMAN I would suggest reading up on auto flowers if you never grew them because they do go into preflower very quickly between 4,5 and certainty by 6wks. These are quick no messing around plants. Most growers go from germ to final pot as they grow rapid. Try it sometime they are great for a SOG
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• YESMAN
      YESMAN commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, about that autoflowering being that quick i never heard of, but then again i see that people keep them on a 18/6 hour schedule, and some even 24, im thinking that Auto seeds on a 12/12 schedule makes them taking like 6 to 9 weeks, and gives them enough time to grow big if using some good Grow fertilizer... still, i started yesterday some Auto seed indoors for the first time, firat time indoors.. the seed were already greminated, so i put them into soil yesterday morning and just just kept the whole eletcrics on, and gues what, on top of the inch i put them into the ground, they are now a inch off the ground.. so its amazing how in 30odd hours they grew a couple on inches.. like wow
      Anyways im new to this comunity and I'm very happy with the content and with peoples interaction, very nice indeed! Thanks for ur comment man, unfortunately I live in a country where any type of interaction about cannabis is straight up ILLEGAL, Its a sad thing cause I love growing and all, and have been doing so for years but always outdoors, so now I'm starting indoors in winter time to see what's like. Love everything about weed, the taste, the smell, the growing love it man!! Big up!!

I fed them 2 ml of Big Bloom in 250 ml spring water. Let's see if this helps the girls. Also, they are going outdoors now, which is where I grow. I'd kept them inside at seed, but these girls need all the help they can get. Hopefully they will catch up.

Also am popping two new White Widow Autoflower seeds today and will start them in their final pots to avoid transplantation shock.

Pray for me and the girls!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Man i did some outdoor autos this past summer that were great, hope yours turn out well.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X