No announcement yet.

New Grow Diary advice/tips/tricks appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I used GH, I did not follow the exact schedule they published. I started at 30% recommended and worked up to about 85 percent. I continued to feed for veg state until I started seeing hints of flowering. I never fed the full recommended amounts.

Some of the amounts fed and dates are documented here, just to compare. Tumble

I think most of the feeding schedules are a swag at best, more for selling nutrients than for growing. Watch your plant and PH, burned tips, reduce nutrients a tad.
    I
    ts looking good, nice recovery! Slowly work your lights down until you start seeing stress, then back off and that should be a good distance for the rest of your grow.
    Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 12-31-2020, 01:01 PM.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Plants fanning out nicely. I’ve removed the 4th seed that showed up late, there was something funky with it, the root started growing vertically and it gained no height.

Comment

Took y’all’s advice to have the reservoir in an opaque container to prevent light bleed.

Current Overview
        PH: 6.1
        EC: 1.85
        TDS: 925
        Water Temp: 73.4°F

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Final adjustment is to cover that big corner opening with aluminum foil to keep the light out. 👍 And remember to add some type of root treatment to that reservoir to help prevent root rot.

• Kajicky
          Kajicky commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do, thanks for the tip 🙏

Veg day 15 complete, no more signs of the issues from the heat stress from the MH light. I will start training the two plants in the 12” basket on the right so that they grow away from each other as of tomorrow.

Comment

Lookin good.
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Veg - Day 17
            Last edited by Kajicky; 01-05-2021, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good!

Advice please... I needed to turn off the water to fix a leak what’s the longest I can leave the water off?

Comment

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              I can’t say how long is too long, but if you’re just doing it for a few minutes then no worries. Just make sure the roots don’t dry up if it’s going to be for a long long time. When i do a fresh change of my DWC buckets, i let my roots hang in an empty bucket for 5-10 minutes and there is never an issue since they don’t dry out.

• Kajicky
              Kajicky commented
              Editing a comment
              We’re talking more on the order of hours than minutes for the cure time of the silicone sealant. For some reason in my head I thought it was the fast cure stuff. I steam rollered ahead and then read the label after applying the sealant, it needs up to 24 hours 🙄 anyway, it’s in the hands of Ja now, let’s hope this is the last of my fucktard moments of this grow.

I’ll dip the bottom of the baskets in a separate nutrient tank solution every hour, fingers crossed I don’t stress them too much 🤞

Also realised the sealant was acidic so have flushed the whole system and moved onto the transition mix 1:1:1:1/2 per 5L we’re a few days early, but my gut says it’s the right move.

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              Try to keep the roots wet. Any trauma she might suffer will not be a problem to recover. She’ll be fine. It is a weed, after all.

Veg Day 18 - recirculating system has been off for 16 hours so far, following my brain fart yesterday - sealant is still tacky and odorous, so will give it the whole 24 hours. The girls look good. I’m dipping every 4 hours into a separate static tank of distilled water and nutrient solution.

Comment

System is flushed and loaded with 15L distilled water and transition nutrient mix - ready to turn back on once the sealant is dry in the other tank.

Overview
              EC:1.72
              PPM: 836
              PH: 6.2

Comment

I bolted a TH16 WiFi switch to a power bar and rigged it up to a Si7021 temperature sensor so can now check the temperature without having to open the camera and check the LCD display.

It’s also connected to the power fans and will kick on if the grow tent gets too warm and go off again when it hits the desired temperature.

Comment

Veg - Day 19

EC: 1.68
                  PPM: 841
                  PH: 6.2

Comment

Veg - Day 20

Training net installed and tank lowered, also moved lights up a little ready for moving to transition in a couple of days.

Comment

If by transition you mean going to 12/12, I would recommend that you wait at least another week. For maximum yield you want to be sure you fill the entire space and the most common recommendation is to wait until it is about 50% full before switch.

Comment

• Kajicky
                        Kajicky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the tip!

Since yesterday we decided to extend the veg period by 2 weeks. I also topped them yesterday and removed some lower leaves, so they’ll need to recover first.

Plants were topped last night. We were going to do low stress training only, but have now topped them. Will likely top once more, so will add 2 weeks to veg.

Comment

Day 22 - 1 day post topping, thinning and removing lower growth.

Overview
                        EC: 2.16
                        PPM: 1084
                        PH: 6.3

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X