Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever turn a hermie straight again? With a spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever turn a hermie straight again? With a spray?

Dutch Master Reverse claims to be able to reverse a hermie back to a female only and/or keep it there. Claim is organic and safe to use, I never heard of such a thing and have not found it here on GWE. Anyone know anything about these type products? Can they work? Would/could it be worth it?
    I was trying to find something like Tiresias Mist Feminized Seed Spray as I would like to try something safer than CS.

I have only had one plant truly hermaphrodite. Lots of plants get nanners, thats a form of self preservation. Just pick off the little bastards and let it grow. When I had a plant hermaphrodite every flower had both, male and female. Before I would waste time spraying a chemical on the plant to reverse it, I would compost it. Spraying your plants to cause sex hormonal change is a chemical change involving heavy metals, generally rendering the plant useless for anything but breeding feminized seeds. Weigh the cost of the bottle of chemicals vs a new seed, the risk of consuming the plant after you spray it, and the time to do all the reversing and you would be better with a new plant. My opinion only.
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      In making seed, I can make a hell of a lot of feminized seed from one 1oz spray can. What I dont want is the metals, I used CS last go and tossed everything but the seed in the trash.

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd rather pick off nanners and pick a few seeds out than smoke or eat any kind of spray. I am just now getting into the feminized seed breeding and I will be composting all plants involved just because I don't trust the consumption of unknown sprays. It is amazing how much science is coming out on growing, not just in the cannabis community but all gardening. Definitely makes it interesting

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got my little packet of Gibberellic Acid (GA3) stashed away for a Feminized Seed experiment down the road. Seems less risky than CS, and it worked great at popping some "Un-popable" ancient seeds.

Rwise it blows my mind at all the new stuff out there now,
    I wish we would have had all this new stuff, years ago, I might have learned something.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      @DA.A.S.69 looks like this stuff has been around for 10 years or so. IF it was worth while I think we would have heard about it sooner. Gotta learn somethin new every day!

there is a chemical that can change males into females, it is called Ethelyn(I think that is how it is spelled), you have to keep spraying, unlike CS, throughout the whole grow, maybe if you get all males(which is rare), in a regular seed pack.

Those who grow marijuana will often dispose of male plants, but what if there was a way that you could save them?
    Last edited by Ace1973; 12-21-2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting read, and told me enuf that it wont be used here! CS is bad enuf.

• Ace1973
      Ace1973 commented
      Editing a comment
      it would only be for breeding, the seeds themselves would be viable.

ethylene, sorry not trying to spam

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      ITs also called the “ripening hormone” because lots of fruits peak production when ripening signaling other fruits it’s time to ripen. They produce it as a gas and other fruits and plants react to it. Making a good argument for plants having a sense of smell

• Ace1973
      Ace1973 commented
      Editing a comment
      plants do smell, they also have other senses, some beyond us. Ethylene is also found in female plants.

Is that the gas bananas give off? I have used them to ripen other fruits
    As far as making a male go female, IMHO not worth while, and my thought is hermies fit here too.
    I was curious as to whether or not others had tried it.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is. Agree with the not worth it

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X