Coco needs Buffering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco needs Buffering

What's up everyone, I need some help I have 2 papaya seeds about a week old the leaves look twisted or wavy . I gave them water with cal mag PH at 5.8 when I checked the run off water it was at 5.3 so I have a PH problem . I still have them in cups so I'm thinking about flushing them PH at 6.0 is that ok? i did some research and I found out that some coco needs to be buffered that's something I didn't do . I just put the brick in water let it do its thing . When I put the coco in the cups I did give it water with cal mag . I saw some videos on how to buffer coco so I'm going to wash the coco then let it sit in some water with cal mag for 8 HRs is that ok ? please if I'm doing this wrong please correct me.

I don't measure run-off, only what I'm adding.
    Coco needs to be buffered before use because of how it will bond with nutrients until the media's cation exchange is full.
    I rehydrate my bricks using 2g/gal of 15-0-0 calcium nitrate and 1g/gal Epsom salt.
    I use a 27 gal tote and about 10 gallons of nute mix with a 5kg block. Mix it up and let it soak overnight.
    I drain the solution and mix in about 25-35% perlite and back into the tote for storage.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Rad
      Rad commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the advice .

Give plenty of nutrient water at ph 6

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah do the buffering but for the plants already in there, plain water wont work.

• Rad
      Rad commented
      Editing a comment
      I did thank you.

here is a whole site dedicated to growing in coco.
    Cannabis grow guide: articles, tutorials, DIY projects & more! Dedicated to the science and practice of growing cannabis in coco perlite and other media.

Comment

• Rad
      Rad commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank u so much for that link it's great , so much info about coco be safe bro growers love from the heart

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X