1st Harvest Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Harvest Ever

Hi guys! This is the fruit of my labor, I think it came out pretty good being my first grow šŸ˜€ I'm curious how much I'm getting.Tell me what you think, how did I do?
    Attached Files

If the picture of the plant still alive was taken when you harvest, then way to early Trev. crystals look clear as glass, no sign of amber so again, way too early.
    Healthy plant tho so you are doing OK.
    read up and look at what others are doing to get a feel for what stage of development your plant is at.... good on ya
    HLG 100 4K quantum board
    2 x ES300 V3 4x4x8
    ES300 + ES180 4x4x8
    šŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒšŸƒ
    4 Autopots per tent.
    šŸŖ“šŸŖ“šŸŖ“šŸŖ“šŸŽŖšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²
    CANNA Terra professional medium
    CalMag =0.4 EC
    Terra Flores, Terra Vega + Rhizotonic, cannazyme, CannaBoost, canna PK
    = šŸ˜€

Comment

• Hayitstrever
      Hayitstrever commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang, well I've got some others going so I'll read up and wait longer with them.

Hey wuts up, merry Christmas! Not terrible for a first harvest but I do think you cut them down early.
    can you tell us about the grow? Lots of trichs I see. Lights? Nutes? Strain? Auto or photo? How long did u bud for?
    Last edited by Wolfe0420; 12-20-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Hayitstrever
      Hayitstrever commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a Green Ribbon seed I found in some flower I got from a dispensary. Just grew her in soil with a 150w growstar full spectrum. I haven't gone so far as added nutes yet. My grow is a walk in shower in the back bathroom we don't use šŸ˜‚

Not sure how much you will end up with once it dries. But to me it looks like you might have harvested too early. In pic 3, all those white hairs needed to turn brown and shrivel in size. Iā€™d say she could have been left for a few more weeks before harvest.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Congratulations on making it to your first harvest, that is always a good feeling. Like has been mentioned, it may have come down a bit early, but this is all a learning process.

To determine when to harvest, you will want to look at the trichomes on the buds. You are looking at the color of the round head of the trichome. General rule of thumb is to harvest when you have 10% amber, 80% milky and 10% clear trichome heads. After a few harvests, you may find your own preference.

The amber heads are reported to have more of a sedative, body effect. The clear heads have been reported as being more cerebral and energetic high. Either way, you'll want the majority to be milky. These effects can be attributed to the maturation process of cannabinoids within the trichome heads.

Do be sure to check the buds and not the leaves. Trichomes on the leaves will mature faster than the buds, so they aren't the most accurate ripeness indicator you can use. However, they can be a good visual indicator as to when you might need to begin your flush if you choose to do so. Using a jewelers loupe is preferred, but many times you can use the camera on your phone to get a close up and clear picture of your trichome heads.

Comment

• Hayitstrever
        Hayitstrever commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! And thank you for the enlightening post, it is much appreciated šŸ˜€

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        My pleasure, enjoy your journey!

Waiting for plants to fully mature takes A LOT of patience! But good things come to those that wait! šŸ˜…
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

Looks like to chopped them about a month too early.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X