Reusing smart pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reusing smart pots

Smart pots (aka grow bags or fabric pots) - for how many grows can they used? I just finishing up my third grow in some 7 gal pots. After each grow, I let them dry out, then shake as much leftover junk out as possible, then throw them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle, then let them air dry. They still seem to be in good shape. Are there any drawbacks to this process? Can I keep it up until they begin to come apart?
    2'X4' Nursery tent with Mars Hydro SP150 LED
    5'X5' Grow tent with 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 LEDs
    Fox Farm soil and nutes
    Rain water

I spray mine off with a water hose then hang them up to dry and had them for years. I’ve thought about putting them into the washing machine but never have

Comment

I use Dish Detergent and have pots that have been through 12 plants. Fabric pots are a recycled material to begin with and last a long time. Definitely a win win. No idea how long they last, but they have held up nicely for the money
      I bet Bob Marley's mansion
      has a garden in the back
      Where he's growing something special
      Some celestial homemade hash
      we'll sit down on his front porch
      And listen to the angels band
      Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

I re use my bags all the time, they will last you for a while, washing them seems the way to go, although I do not rinse or wash, I just let them dry out.

Comment

Yes i've had mine for 4yrs now. I've maybe run them through a washier 1x . I've had bleach bucket that i've dunk them in rinsed and hung dry. Most the time i turn inside out and hang.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Nice to know cuz I got 10 of them.
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Been using mine for 4 years, dont even rinse them unless theres a patogen

Comment

I am reusing mine until the fall apart! I have been just dusting them off outside, but a few I may hand wash this time as they have a bit of the salts/acid built up on them.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X