Whats the largest clone you made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the largest clone you made?

I recently cut the top out of 2 plants, cut the limbs off that were long enuf to clone. But then what to do with the large top left over. Well I grab a leaf from the aloe, tear it open and stick one into the slimy stuff inside then into a pot. Same with the second, my thought was "what do I have to loose?" I sat them under the other girls so the got indirect light and watched them. In a few days it looked like the MPxT1000 would not make it, I misted it twice daily, not the other one. The last pic is them this morning (pic 3 far left plant).

Mine are all clones Rwise and the biggest I have is about a five footer. Prob 3' wide. I topped them quite late because I didn't know about GWE or advanced training or timelines. Pretty much not much. The tops didn't clone well at all, but did manage a few beautys out of them for round 2. All are sativa dominate hybrids, lanky and tall. Next batch has been topped and are in training now. Lots of tentacles. Good luck man!!!
    4x8x8 indoor
    Viparspectra VA1200
    (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
    Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
    Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

Comment

I have never done a very large clone like those. Most mine are about 4-5" cuts i take but i've never used a top but i sure am going to try one sometime.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I clone all my tops. I've let them go as tall as 6in but for the most part I snip when there are 4-5 nodes above the cut which is usually around 3in tall.

Comment

Huh well dang maybe it's cause my tops don't have any length to them when i top it's barely nothing so i'm gonna let a plant get just tall next time i do a photo run will be about right to clone for spring. So yes i do believe i will allow my photos from seed to get tall then top and clone the top. Thanks guys
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I just could not toss them in the compost, must try to save, and to my surprise it worked out fantastic, will do this again!

It was a fun experiment, these 2 are 11 days in soil today! Another week they should have roots grown and be ready to transplant.
          I never tried anything this large before, ok a gopher cut off a 6 foot tall tomato at the ground, I covered it and watered, it lived and grew like nothing happened.

Comment

I just took clones from my mothers a few days ago. They were all about 12" but I cut them shorter so I could fit a bag over them and stick the stem way down in the soil. Easiest method I've used for cloning honestly. A freezer bag fits perfectly over a 1 gallon pot so I do that and give them a good water and leave them alone for about a week. Take the bags off after 5-7 days and water and watch them grow. I tried cloning a top that was 12+" but I wasn't using that method and it didn't take. I think if you could have found a bag to hold in the humidity for the first week, she'd be doing a little better. I feel like you can clone as big or little as you want though. JDU and I had a discussion a while back about the length and toughness of the clones we took and how it related to root development. We both decided that the shorter, softer stems seemed to root faster than longer, tougher stems. Maybe try a bag over her for a few days if you have one big enough and see if she perks up? Only thing I can think of that may help.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              These were not covered at all, RH is 45% (I know thats a bit low), temps 68*-78*F.
              They are making someone a Christmas gift!

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah it's low but still do-able. I've just found that I have a higher success rate with the bags and I don't have to spray them (I'm lazy sometimes so it's a win-win), and they seem to root faster for me. That's a Christmas gift I wouldn't mind for sure, if I had the room.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              He was very excited to get them and even more so to find the SMCG may have a male or 2 so he can make seed the old school way!

Clones and cuttings went to their new home and in a few months he should have some damn fine bud to smoke!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X