Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Trichomes are Whispering, But What Are They Saying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    YYCannabis, Only lost maybe 6-7 grams as it was harvested early to test against the more mature flowers. So lost half of the test and some nice bud. No problem as I am always growing another plant.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    That’s crappy news, John. How much did you lose?

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Man that sucks! I just had a 64oz jar off Chocolope go bad. I pulled a bud out at 2wks to sample, smoked one joint that tasted like a tootsie roll and around wk 3 I started to notice mold. I know how you feel bro.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Found some fuzzy mold on my buds. Damn it. 1st time I have ever jarred some weed too moist and ruined it.
    The wedding cake won't be tested so I will wait for the Gelato 41 or the Blackberry Gum to do the test.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    OMG those trichs look like winter fur on a rabbit. Just amazing, John. 👍

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Those buds are pretty. Looks like they’re covered in sugar👍🏻 Cant wait to see your results

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Have to keep the good one around for a little while. Wedding cake puts me to sleep all night.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    OMG JohnEmad she's one frosty gal. Oh boy i got 3 clones off mine in the tent. She was the freak that grew to be a beauty so i made some kids for her

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Here are a few pics of trichomes from a Wedding Cake clone at 9 weeks into flower. It appears to be close to 15% amber but as per usual my picture taking does not show it clearly.
    I have harvested a few nice buds from the top yesterday and will wait for the closer to 50% amber before finishing the harvest.
    Going to test them both for THC and will post the results.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Credit that idea to the smoke lol as I was puffing away this morning it dawned on me that although this test is accurate, it’s from two different plants. Society can believe what they want, I come up with some of my best ideas while smoking and never wrote one research paper completely sober.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    great testing bboy. I think that's how I will test my current grow as well. A staged harvest from the same plants.

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    The first smoke test results are in. Purple Haze #1 was harvested when the trichomes were 10-20% amber and has a heady Sativa high. Purple Haze #2 was harvested when the trichomes were +50% amber and has a complete full body high. The buds tested from both plants came in at 17% THC and on the stoned meter I’d say they’re about the same. I definitely enjoyed the way I felt after smoking the second plant more than the first one so this may come down to personal preference.

I’m interested to see others results. I put 2 Bubba Kush and 2 Hindu Kush into flower yesterday so I’ll be running this test again. Now I’m wondering if once you get into that harvest window (that’s said to be roughly 2wks long) is the THC percentage already set? From there is it not going to improve, only mature until it starts converting to CBD? That would make it a decision on the type of high you’re seeking because it’s not going to be any more or less potent? 🤔

To get a more accurate sample on this theory I’m going to harvest these next four plants in stages so I can compare THC percentages and smoke test from the same plant. Each plant has 10 main colas so I’m going to take 3 colas from each around 20% amber, 3 colas from each at 50% then I’ll put the plant in the dark 2 days to get the next 4 over 50% and see if the dark period noticeably seems to matter.
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 01-10-2021, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    It’s called High Grade. There’s a description on the algorithms they use to determine thc. Not sure how accurate it is but it’s the cheap method to testing your stuff besides the good ol smoke test which I’m about to jump on 😁

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    If i smoke 2 doobies at 18% i'll get 32% in me double that an i'm good I think that app is pretty cool. Gooooo Seahawks

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    What app is that? How does an app read your THC content?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X