Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
Till the last recorded syllable of time...

-Macbeth, in frustration over the delays in his own "Harvest!"

JohnEmad recently posted a link to an article in Weed World magazine that makes me wonder if we are all harvesting too early based on a misreading of trichome colors. Here's a link to that posting: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ty-and-potency

In the article, Frenchy Cannoli presents some evidence suggesting that full THC production doesn't occur until more than half the Trichomes begin to turn amber. By that time there shouldn't be any translucent mushrooms and a minority of cloudy white ones.

I have no idea if that is right, but I'm joining @bboyfromwayback and perhaps some others in delaying my current harvest to see how this plays out.

My small but luscious White Widow is beginning week 11 of flowering today. I would normally be harvesting already. I'd say 80% of the trics are cloudy, perhaps 5% beginning to show some brown and a few stragglers still look glassy. The attached pics are a few days old.

Here are some guidelines I intend to follow:
  • I'm only looking at trics on the actual buds, not the leaves.
  • I'm going to try to take micro-pictures so I can actually make percentage estimates.
  • I'm going to count "Amber" from the time the trics begin to show any amber color beyond snowy white. (per the Frenchy article)
  • I'm going to TRY and wait till I see at least 50% amber
  • However, as self-discipline isn't my strong suit, I intend to harvest, dry and cure some test buds along the way for a comparison at the end.

The pics below show: a ripening WW Bud, mostly opaque Trics and an early appearance of Amber.

I'd invite anyone else interested to add their stories and pictures. Does ANYONE actually have a pic of 50% Amber Trichomes?

Regards,

-Grouchy

Second try on the Pics...

Attached Files