Project Psychonaut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Project Psychonaut

The new project for the big tent is now on week 0 of veg! I'm growing six Ghost Train Haze regs out for more seed. GTH has been a favorite of mine since I bought an ounce in Colorado. It's the only time I think I ever impressed a budtender there. I started eight seeds and I now have eight GTH seedlings so there's a nod to their quality. The six most growed-up were put into the RDWC setup in the big tent tonight.

Pictures whenever....
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Week 1 of veg is partway through. I've given them all a light feed of nutes and they are responding! I should have gotten more snaps today because they are much bigger than in the pic. I did have a scare with the GTH at back right. It was drooping a bit yesterday. I noticed the rooter plugs were wet so I lowered the water level until I got it down to my normal fill level. All these guy have roots in the water now anyway so it was time. Today, the droopy shoot is standing up again. They are probably also loving the nicer temps. I had to enclose the grow space again after taking down the partition last spring. The temps were too low in the rest of the basement and the state kinda mandates it anyway. Temps were running in the mid sixties, now they are loving the low to mid seventies. Several of these guys (I can't call any of them girls like I'm used to) are even sporting their second set of real leaves.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:

Comment

Week 2 of veg started with their first water change and a little heavier feed. These guys are getting along a bit better than the Skunks in the other tent. You can still tell that they suffered a bit from the cool temps by the weird growth in some of the leaves. GTH seedling #7 was moved from the seedling tray to a solo cup in coco until I find a use for it. I may just grow it out in coco alongside the others since I have the space in this tent.
      Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Grow on i'm watching you

Week 3 of veg and the population has increased by one. I moved a spare GTH seedling into coco (after the photo shoot) and placed it in one of the spaces next to the reservoir. So now this has officially become a hybrid RDWC/coco grow! I'll get to work on growing out a spare Skunk in coco in Project Sam too Also, the plants in my mom tent are all about to be flipped to flower. I've also got four cuttings from the Purple Haze mom in the clone tent. PH just had to be cut back before flip.

The six in hydro will likely get topped at the end of the week since they are finally starting to get into more aggressive growth. I'm debating trying to manifold them but I might just stick with the usual topping and scrogging.
      Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Here's an updated family portrait:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3377.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	479567

The six in hydro seem to have hit the "OK, let's do this!" phase of early veg!
        Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 4 of veg and manifolding has begun! Only the GTH was done this way since the ones in Project Sam aren't tall enough yet. All six of them were in good spirits a few minutes ago as if nothing could change their attitude towards growing. I'm going to have to go out and get some tomato rings very soon. GTH is getting a stronger feed than I normally do for plants this small but they seem to relish it. I just wish I could give them some naturally warmer conditions but at least it isn't staying below freezing for days on end - yet.
          Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 5 of veg and they are thriving but not quite grown out enough for their second trim. At best, node four is just starting on a few of the ghosts. The seedling is starting to perk up a bit after being moved to the corner of the tent closest to the heater outside. More pics after they get trimmed again.

No surprise seeding in this pot. I guess I just got "lucky" with the one in the Project Sam tent.
            Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week six and I've given them their second trimming. Now all there is to do is let the tops grow, right? I'll be putting up a scrog net soon.

I had to take the center rear plant out to rinse the garbage out of its roots. I noticed the spotting on the leaves then noticed that it was the only plant affected like in the Skunk tent. The garbage likely came from a crust built up in the piping during the last grow. I suppose drying out and getting rewetted loosened it and put it into circulation until it caught in the roots. The rest of the plants may need the same treatment and I will look at doing that before putting up a net. I've treated both reservoirs with Hydroguard to be safe.
              Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 7 will likely be the last before flip. I'll be installing the scrog net next weekend too. The GTH is doing better in the cool temps than the skunks by far. They look likely to deliver a heavy harvest with the manifolding even if I didn't get them tied down per instructions. It seems that a different configuration with fewer plants would be helpful with eight-colas per plant. The buckets in the corners are a bit too much into those corners to do as well as they might. Hydroguard was added to fight off root issues even though they weren't as severe in this tent.
                Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week one of flower started late because of the evil polar air mass here. 12/12 flip happened on Saturday. I fed them Monday and put up the scrog net Wednesday. The GTH are already stretching through it and growing fast after adding a second heater to the grow room. The sap is smelling sweet much like the Juicy Fruit smell that Laughing Buddha had. I've resorted to adding hot water to the reservoir (with the pump off) to offset the frigid water from the tap when feeding. I've had to turn the fan down to its lowest setting to maintain temps at a cost of high RH. No good signs of male/female numbers yet.
                  Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week two-ish of flower started with another mid-week feeding because of criminally cold weather. Luckily, the GTH isn't suffering much. In fact, it is threatening to stretch taller than I'd like it to. Today, the first and second male plants I've grown were identified! The one in the coco and the left front are boys. The other five seem to be female and if that ratio holds, I'll be thrilled.

I'm starting to think that next grow I'm only going to make four-cola manifolds because the plants are too crowded for eight. The nice thing about the setup I've built is that I can change all that just by changing the return pipes and irrigation lines. I hope y'all and your gardens are doing OK after all this insane cold.
                    Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

• YYCannabis
                      YYCannabis commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks great! Did you pull the dudes from the garden?

• UndergroundFarmer
                      UndergroundFarmer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope. I'm going to let them grow out and fulfill their biological imperative. I'll get a jar of GTH seeds out of the deal, Jah willing.

Week 3 of flower is rocking along. The tallest of the tops are as close to the lights as I can stand them to be already. The male plants are looking close to opening - I'll just have to collect pollen if they all open up too early. The female to male ratio is a confirmed 5:2, which is excellent for my purposes. I will need to set a hurricane fan down low to help pollinate once the females catch up (and they are gaining fast!). I've got a few bunches of white stigmas showing. I'm waiting to try manual pollination once those bunches are big and plenty just in case the wind in the tent doesn't get it done. I wish y'all could get a whiff of the inside of this tent! I've never smelled anything this sweet from a cannabis plant! I may introduce a Skunk #1 in coco from the other tent to try that cross once she is ready. Either way, it's a good grow so far.
                    Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

I'm finding fan leaves dusted in pollen already. I hope these boys save some for the next few weeks.
                      Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 4 and I can't open this tent without sneezing. The floor is covered with spent male flowers and the pollen dust is covering more than a few fan leaves. As you can see from the closeup of a female bud, stigmas are already turning orange and the calyxes are swelling from seeds growing inside. Oh, and there are still male flowers that haven't opened yet. I've noticed that I can blow at the male buds and there will be a cloud of pollen streaming off toward the girl flowers. Having one of the males in coco helps a lot with this method of pollination.

Interestingly, instead of potassium the plants are eating all the phosphorus I can throw in the reservoir via pH Down. I'm also feeding as heavily as I've ever fed in hydro (1.6 EC) and they don't mind. The lower leaves that I should have trimmed earlier are falling off of their own accord. Did I mention that they all took off too fast after I put up the scrog net? I put that one up a little too high to use a second one for this grow but no big deal because they seem sturdy enough so far. I took photos during the nute water change that I will put in a separate thread once I feel inspired.

More good stuff to come! In fact, it's getting closer to time to pick out what to grow next. Cindy 99 from Brothers Grimm seems like a good choice if I want to create another jar full of coveted seeds to trade but I also need to grow some sleepy weed too. I've got some feminized Lavender from Expert that would do nicely.
                        Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Ohhhhh Lavender sounds great LOL hey aren't you afraid of pollen moving about ? Are these breeding tents only used for making seeds? Man now this is what freaks me out more than light leaks is pollen. Just curious about this kinda stuff.
                          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                          indoor/outdoor grower
                          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                            UndergroundFarmer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I've got them in separate tents with separate filters but the same fan. I dialed up the fan as soon as temps got out of the deep freeze to keep negative pressure inside these little gilded palaces of sin. I work with the GTH last because the pollen is so insane right now. I'm looking at cutting the males down and saving pollen for later so I don't have to do this again when I want seed. I will say that it is damn hard to find an unpollinated female flower in this tent anywhere. I'll be very disappointed if this project yields fewer than 200 seeds. Skunk still has plenty of "virgin" buds so I'm pretty sure it isn't migrating from this tent.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X