Project Psychonaut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Project Psychonaut

The new project for the big tent is now on week 0 of veg! I'm growing six Ghost Train Haze regs out for more seed. GTH has been a favorite of mine since I bought an ounce in Colorado. It's the only time I think I ever impressed a budtender there. I started eight seeds and I now have eight GTH seedlings so there's a nod to their quality. The six most growed-up were put into the RDWC setup in the big tent tonight.

Pictures whenever....
    Fourth state-sanctioned grow. This time for seeds. Six Ghost Train Haze (Rare Dankness) seedlings plus a bonus GTH in coco - waiting to see how many boys/girls.
    4'X4' flower tent, AC Infinity 4" fan and filter, Advanced Platinum P4-XML2 LED
    RDWC six grow buckets and a reservoir.

Four Skunk #1 seedlings (Sensi) plus one in coco
    Advanced Platinum P-300 LED
    3'X3' tent RDWC four grow buckets and a reservoir.

Aurora Soul nutrients - Grow, Bloom, Infinity, Big Swell & PeaK.

Side projects in coco: Flowering out moms of Black Widow, Acapulco Gold, Purple Haze & Laughing Buddha plus four Purple Haze clones cut from mom before 12/12 flip.

On deck: BC Mango, Tuna God, Bubba God, DP Blueberry, Cinderella 99 or Mother's Finest regs or a mix of feminized stuff.

Week 1 of veg is partway through. I've given them all a light feed of nutes and they are responding! I should have gotten more snaps today because they are much bigger than in the pic. I did have a scare with the GTH at back right. It was drooping a bit yesterday. I noticed the rooter plugs were wet so I lowered the water level until I got it down to my normal fill level. All these guy have roots in the water now anyway so it was time. Today, the droopy shoot is standing up again. They are probably also loving the nicer temps. I had to enclose the grow space again after taking down the partition last spring. The temps were too low in the rest of the basement and the state kinda mandates it anyway. Temps were running in the mid sixties, now they are loving the low to mid seventies. Several of these guys (I can't call any of them girls like I'm used to) are even sporting their second set of real leaves.
    Fourth state-sanctioned grow. This time for seeds. Six Ghost Train Haze (Rare Dankness) seedlings plus a bonus GTH in coco - waiting to see how many boys/girls.

Side projects in coco: Flowering out moms of Black Widow, Acapulco Gold, Purple Haze & Laughing Buddha plus four Purple Haze clones cut from mom before 12/12 flip.

On deck: BC Mango, Tuna God, Bubba God, DP Blueberry, Cinderella 99 or Mother's Finest regs or a mix of feminized stuff.

Comment

Week 2 of veg started with their first water change and a little heavier feed. These guys are getting along a bit better than the Skunks in the other tent. You can still tell that they suffered a bit from the cool temps by the weird growth in some of the leaves. GTH seedling #7 was moved from the seedling tray to a solo cup in coco until I find a use for it. I may just grow it out in coco alongside the others since I have the space in this tent.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Grow on i'm watching you

Week 3 of veg and the population has increased by one. I moved a spare GTH seedling into coco (after the photo shoot) and placed it in one of the spaces next to the reservoir. So now this has officially become a hybrid RDWC/coco grow! I'll get to work on growing out a spare Skunk in coco in Project Sam too Also, the plants in my mom tent are all about to be flipped to flower. I've also got four cuttings from the Purple Haze mom in the clone tent. PH just had to be cut back before flip.

The six in hydro will likely get topped at the end of the week since they are finally starting to get into more aggressive growth. I'm debating trying to manifold them but I might just stick with the usual topping and scrogging.

Comment

Here's an updated family portrait:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3377.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	479567

The six in hydro seem to have hit the "OK, let's do this!" phase of early veg!

Comment

Week 4 of veg and manifolding has begun! Only the GTH was done this way since the ones in Project Sam aren't tall enough yet. All six of them were in good spirits a few minutes ago as if nothing could change their attitude towards growing. I'm going to have to go out and get some tomato rings very soon. GTH is getting a stronger feed than I normally do for plants this small but they seem to relish it. I just wish I could give them some naturally warmer conditions but at least it isn't staying below freezing for days on end - yet.

Comment

Week 5 of veg and they are thriving but not quite grown out enough for their second trim. At best, node four is just starting on a few of the ghosts. The seedling is starting to perk up a bit after being moved to the corner of the tent closest to the heater outside. More pics after they get trimmed again.

No surprise seeding in this pot. I guess I just got "lucky" with the one in the Project Sam tent.

Comment

Week six and I've given them their second trimming. Now all there is to do is let the tops grow, right? I'll be putting up a scrog net soon.

I had to take the center rear plant out to rinse the garbage out of its roots. I noticed the spotting on the leaves then noticed that it was the only plant affected like in the Skunk tent. The garbage likely came from a crust built up in the piping during the last grow. I suppose drying out and getting rewetted loosened it and put it into circulation until it caught in the roots. The rest of the plants may need the same treatment and I will look at doing that before putting up a net. I've treated both reservoirs with Hydroguard to be safe.

Comment

Week 7 will likely be the last before flip. I'll be installing the scrog net next weekend too. The GTH is doing better in the cool temps than the skunks by far. They look likely to deliver a heavy harvest with the manifolding even if I didn't get them tied down per instructions. It seems that a different configuration with fewer plants would be helpful with eight-colas per plant. The buckets in the corners are a bit too much into those corners to do as well as they might. Hydroguard was added to fight off root issues even though they weren't as severe in this tent.

Comment

Week one of flower started late because of the evil polar air mass here. 12/12 flip happened on Saturday. I fed them Monday and put up the scrog net Wednesday. The GTH are already stretching through it and growing fast after adding a second heater to the grow room. The sap is smelling sweet much like the Juicy Fruit smell that Laughing Buddha had. I've resorted to adding hot water to the reservoir (with the pump off) to offset the frigid water from the tap when feeding. I've had to turn the fan down to its lowest setting to maintain temps at a cost of high RH. No good signs of male/female numbers yet.

Comment

Week two-ish of flower started with another mid-week feeding because of criminally cold weather. Luckily, the GTH isn't suffering much. In fact, it is threatening to stretch taller than I'd like it to. Today, the first and second male plants I've grown were identified! The one in the coco and the left front are boys. The other five seem to be female and if that ratio holds, I'll be thrilled.

I'm starting to think that next grow I'm only going to make four-cola manifolds because the plants are too crowded for eight. The nice thing about the setup I've built is that I can change all that just by changing the return pipes and irrigation lines. I hope y'all and your gardens are doing OK after all this insane cold.

Comment

• YYCannabis
                      YYCannabis commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks great! Did you pull the dudes from the garden?

• UndergroundFarmer
                      UndergroundFarmer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope. I'm going to let them grow out and fulfill their biological imperative. I'll get a jar of GTH seeds out of the deal, Jah willing.

Week 3 of flower is rocking along. The tallest of the tops are as close to the lights as I can stand them to be already. The male plants are looking close to opening - I'll just have to collect pollen if they all open up too early. The female to male ratio is a confirmed 5:2, which is excellent for my purposes. I will need to set a hurricane fan down low to help pollinate once the females catch up (and they are gaining fast!). I've got a few bunches of white stigmas showing. I'm waiting to try manual pollination once those bunches are big and plenty just in case the wind in the tent doesn't get it done. I wish y'all could get a whiff of the inside of this tent! I've never smelled anything this sweet from a cannabis plant! I may introduce a Skunk #1 in coco from the other tent to try that cross once she is ready. Either way, it's a good grow so far.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X