Should I Defoliate Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I Defoliate Now?

Hi everyone. I have two Girl Scout Cookies photos that are about 5 or 6 weeks old from seed. They are growing in FFOF with perlite using the FF dirty dozen nutes. I don’t know why, but they seem to have very different structures. Lefty is much more spread out with smaller leaves and more growth sites. Righty is more compact and stout with fewer growth sites but much larger and more compact leaves.

Anyway, should I do any defoliation to either of my girls at this time? I especially wonder about Righty, since she is so compact. But I don’t know if it’s too early in their life cycles? I also did just top for a second and final time yesterday.

Thanks for your advice!
    Attached Files

They look good. Compact but still not a bunch of overlap. On righty, I may get rid of just the very lower large fan leaves that are hanging into the soil but overall, your plants are far from the need of a heavy defoliation.

Comment

Thanks ChadWestport! Great advice.

Comment

Cheers man, nice plants!

Comment

I'm not sure they need anything at this time, looks like they need all them leaves to help power some growth.
          3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
          New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
          Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
          5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X