No announcement yet.

Nirvana and free seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience with Nirvana has been excellent. Seeds always arrived on time and the stealth shipping made me laugh. I have 8 packs of freebies but I believe I have only ordered from them 4 or 5 times. I have grown about 8 of their strains and found them to be pretty stable and a good representation of what was advertised. I just love their Master Kush and highly recommend it. Dense, stinky buds. I did find some strains where very sensitive to nute burn, but that was probably operator error.

As far as the freebies go, I wouldn't touch them. I don't even keep them with my usable seeds. I think Beach_Town_Brit has the best story on why you don't want to use a seed that you have no clue what you are getting. As far as freebies from other vendors/breeders I have grown 2 and both were deficient in some way. I grew an Afghan freebie that had just horrible leaf to calyx ratio. I almost through it out but decided to see what became of it. Buds were dense and leafy. Smoke was amazing. So the freebie may have potentially been a known problem in the pheno types. Using freebies may be cool to experiment with but realize you may be wasting your efforts. Plenty of people have great experiences with them and I will still grow some freebies if I can trace it's lineage.

Comment

All great responses to the Nirvana question. Just wanted to add that I've used them many times,often single purchases so I've a bunch of mystery seeds...which for me doesn't matter so much when I plant outside this summer in extra garden space, cause it will be fun for me as a rather new grower to get familiar with other cannabis varieties and not just the fem autos I've only grown so far. 😊
      Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
      Recent grows...
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
        Beach_Town_Brit commented
        Editing a comment
        Smart move rockman I think if I use any more of my mystery seeds it'll be for outdoors

I'm fairly certain it's per order
      Grow and good luck
      Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Thanks for the responses!!! -- I kind of got duped by MSNL so now i try to get some, first hand comments, if I can -- and the 10 free seed thing - well, how would I or anyone have known to watch out for this.

Seedsupreme, (I also got the delay emails), emailed after about 2 weeks, on a thursday they said they would probably ship Monday, that came and went, emailed Wednesday, they had shipped that day, got them in my mailbox on East Coast USA. Friday, quicker than I get regular mail.

Oh, without checking I know I got 4 free blueberry seeds from seedsupreme-- maybe something else?

If I do place an order with Nirvana, those seeds will definitely go outside at my farm, and would be curious to see what happens, lol.

Again thanks for your responses!

Comment

Originally posted by yamiacaveman View Post
          Thanks for the responses!!! -- I kind of got duped by MSNL so now i try to get some, first hand comments, if I can -- and the 10 free seed thing - well, how would I or anyone have known to watch out for this.

Seedsupreme, (I also got the delay emails), emailed after about 2 weeks, on a thursday they said they would probably ship Monday, that came and went, emailed Wednesday, they had shipped that day, got them in my mailbox on East Coast USA. Friday, quicker than I get regular mail.

Oh, without checking I know I got 4 free blueberry seeds from seedsupreme-- maybe something else?

If I do place an order with Nirvana, those seeds will definitely go outside at my farm, and would be curious to see what happens, lol.

Again thanks for your responses!
          Might I ask what happened with MSNL? Reason I'm asking is because all my seeds came from them and though 75% germinated, the 25% that didn't that were not my fault (ones my fault were wrong ph, overfertalizing, cooking) were strains Purple Hulk, AK47, and White widow max. Though I was never able to verify why the AK47 and White Widow Max had failed, I was able to verify under an electronic microscope why the Purple Hulks never germinated and that was because the seeds were contaminated by mold and either there was no embryo inside the seed or the few I could see were long dead. I'm just hoping I'm not going to hear I bought a bunch of strains that are mislabeled or something. I'll cry if all the work I have been doing with my GSC is for nothing. The ones I have growing right now from them are GSC, Pineapple Kush, Mango, Big Bud Auto, THC Snow, and THC Bomb. I have 2 White Widow Maxes that germinated though not sure their sexes yet. They were the only two out of 20 the germinated, and weeks later.
          Last edited by Lord-Xanthor; 01-31-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
            Lord-Xanthor commented
            Editing a comment
            OzBud I'll post pictures below. My THC Bomb plants are doing great I'll post the info below too with the pictures.

• yamiacaveman
            yamiacaveman commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I have been working on my MSNL saga, and I think??????? I hope to have something shipped to me by the 10 of Feb. If/When I get them I'll let you know and also what happens when I try to germinate.

• Lord-Xanthor
            Lord-Xanthor commented
            Editing a comment
            yamiacaveman When you get your seeds, examine them closely and see if there is any discoloration. Like Black, mold spots, etc.

I am very happy with Nirvana seeds: Jock horror, Misty kush, Black jack, etc.i find their delivery service to be great . I don't plant anything that isn't feminized labeled.
          i think their service is superior to Seedsman and relatively equal to Bergman.
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Originally posted by Tika View Post
            I am very happy with Nirvana seeds: Jock horror, Misty kush, Black jack, etc.i find their delivery service to be great . I don't plant anything that isn't feminized labeled.
            i think their service is superior to Seedsman and relatively equal to Bergman.
            They offer freebies too?

@OzBud commented

how's the THC bomb going? I've got seeds for the auto version

Copy pasted. Not sure why there isn't a quote option for comments =( Yes, I'm lazy lol. Anywaz, on 12/12/2016 I germinated 3 THC bomb seeds. Only one survived when the thermostat died and the heating mat connected to it cooked $600 worth of seeds, including two THC Bomb's. The survivor, plant #25 I didn't even think would survive as it was pretty sick with the stem looking very close to what root rot would look like. It pulled through and on 12/20/2016 planted four more, Plant #'s 25,25A,26, and 27. All 4 germinated extremely healthy and got planted into SOLO cups on 12/27/2016. On January 10th, I put them into 1 gallon pots and not even a week later they really started taking off. I'm in the process of sexing them now which involved taking cuttings from each one today and now sitting back to wait for them to root in which I'll take one from each set and test to see if male or female in 3 weeks. Should they prove to be female I'll have some extra plants. What I'm now curious about is the ones I trigger into flower state to verify Male or female, can the plant be forced back into veg mode if I put it back into the tent with 18/6 lighting?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20170128_181651.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	51220Click image for larger version  Name:	20170128_173838.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	51221Click image for larger version  Name:	20170128_180318.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.52 MB ID:	51222Click image for larger version  Name:	20170128_181102.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.97 MB ID:	51224Click image for larger version  Name:	20170127_235017.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.36 MB ID:	51223
            I'm considering taking 4 cuttings from each one now and if any of the sets are male in 3 weeks I'll use their peat tablets as compost. Because this is basically my first grow, I discovered too late that I don't care to much for Autos. Each of the above plants are a foot and a half tall. Oh, slightly off subject. The ones above are normal, when I say autos, its the BBAF and Mango plants I wasn't too happy with. Mostly because of the cost and the fact they are only a foot tall and already into their 6th week and though maybe they'll grow a lot taller in two weeks, for now, their taking up room that I could of used for my awesome plants like my GSC clones. I actually traded a few and gave some away a few days ago just to clear space. The ones like THC Bomb, once the males are gone, if any, are what I want to work with because I can grow them to the size I want before switching to flower state.
            Last edited by Lord-Xanthor; 02-02-2017, 02:07 AM. Reason: Because I can?

Comment

Yes Nirvana offers free seeds
              Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
              Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
              GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
              photoperiod feminized seeds
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
                Lord-Xanthor commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll look them up. Hope they ship to the USA. I import a lot from EBay, not seeds, the equipment, and when I was first looking for seeds before finding MSNL, the few places that looked semi decent would ask my to western union them money instead of using credit card and the moment they asked me that, I go a packin. So far, other than the 3 bad strains from them, I haven't had any other issues and they already offered to replace the bad ones, though asked them not to ship them until I placed another order.
                The two strains that died shortly after germinating, After looking at the pictures of the seedlings that died, I believe the two causes were both PH issue for one, and that the infected Purple Hulk seeds infected the other strains that shared the same tray. I asked the posters who said they had issues with MSNL to please let me know what the problems were and never heard back. I'd hate to place an order again and find out it was something very bad. Again, other than the 3 strains, my plants which you have seen pictures of are thriving, so the only thing other than some bad seeds I could see being an issue with would be selling me strains of different types that turned out to be all the same strain. Since only a few strains, mostly the autos show buds, I wont know till later on whether or not I got what I paid for and as the plants all look a little different, I at least know I have a variety. The only goof MSNL had done was to accidentally mix some Autos into my regular Pineapple Kush plants and can't really complain because I paid for 80 seeds and they sent me 200. At almost $1.00 a seed, and it was $80 for the $80, even with the $600 loss in plants I would say I'm still ahead.

At Nirvana Shop, you get free marijuana seeds with every order. Best of all is that there's no minimum order amount. As soon as you add one of our products to your cart, the free marijuana seeds will be added automatically.
              Nirvana is offering 10 mixed regular marijuana seeds for free. As they're mixed, we can not tell you what strain it is. Therefore it makes no sense to open a support ticket and ask us about it. The only thing we can tell you is that we have lots of them in stock.
              Customers who have already got their freebies are generally very satisfied as the quality of Nirvana's free marijuana seeds is above average. We have been told that the seeds are sprouting within 24 hours, but this may vary per case. The easiest way to see what our free marijuana seeds can mean for you is by placing an order today.

I really do not see the worth of 10 free regular seeds without a label...If they were fem ok..Get ur nirvana seeds from another seed-shop and get freebies that are worth it!
              Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
              600W

LED
              2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
              BioBizzLight Mix
              Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
              Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
              Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
              CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
              Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

I have made a decent list and added a couple extra on here : http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...990-seed-shops !
                Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
                600W

LED
                2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                BioBizzLight Mix
                Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
                Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
                CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
                Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• yamiacaveman
                  yamiacaveman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow Thanks! It would be great if we got some reviews from the members, rather than trusting some sham rating website.

• Nartak
                  Nartak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats why i set that thread up

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X