• Show
Clear All

Box Dry

Click image for larger version

Name:	jarCannabis.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	473450
    I've been out of the GWE loop for awhile. Took a nasty spill on my stairs a few weeks ago and I'm just beginning to get my legs under me again. Because of some absolutely crazy temperature fluctuations this Fall I decided to go back to my old school drying technique of drying my product in cardboard boxes. The process took a bit longer but I seemed to get some good results. After drying, everything went into jars and I cured it normally. Luckily I had pretty much finished the burping process before taking my tumble. Popped some of the jars tonight after about a month of neglect to check on progress and the smell is absolutely amazing. There just isn't a substitute for a good month long cure.
    After some time off I'm beginning to get excited about beginning the process again. My buddy who had been providing me misfit clones from his clandestine commercial warehouse grow was recently busted so it looks like I'll have to find a new source for my designer strains. I found a local distributor of seeds but they don't seem to offer any feminized. At $10 a seed I'd like a little assurance I won't be investing time and effort in growing boys. Tomorrow I'm going to begin the process of getting my soil ready for a new season.

If you're in the states check out holimoli.com

3 orders in, and I'm extremely happy.

Like 60 bucks for half a dozen fems with freebies too. 3 day shipping for me each time.
    Got me some Alaska Thunderfuck and Bruce Banner (free Bubba Kush) for this season.

GL!
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll check it out. Thanks

I hate to hear about your tumble, recover fast!

Comment

Good morning crucialbunny sorry to hear you took a tumble something i'm more cautious of i tend to look down more than ahead of me seems like when i walk. Anyhoo, glad your on the mend, sure feels worse nowdays when we do get those falls. Boy that's excellent use of those boxes, yes i think i like that better and lowers the humidity. Great job enjoy recouping with your homegrown.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I miss the days of being made of rubber. However, I did learn that slippers are aptly named.

I'm glad your recovery is well and the cure even better. Something to keep you in the chair for a little longer. I too miss the days of being like rubber. No bend, all snap now. Enjoy your new grow

Comment

Yep, the aging process is enough to make anyone a bit Grouchy! Best wishes for a quick rebound!

-Grouchy
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope you recover quickly. Good smoke will surely help.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X