Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! ADJUSTING PH in COCO

Hello everyone,

I just measured the ph of my coco and it reads below 5.0 how do I raise it to 6.0? Do I flush it with 7.0? Or flush it with just 6.0?

I'm sure someone with more experience with coco will come by but I'm interested in coco and have been reading about it. My understanding is that you can water coco up to a couple times a day and imo because your ph is just a little off i would ph enough water with a lite load of nutes to about 6 ph and water until you get at least a 20% runoff and check the very last of your runoff to see where you are at. One thing to be careful with reading ph in runoff is that you get some salt buildup on the bottom of fabric pots and this can affect your reading so make sure you let some water run through before you test it... good luck 🌳🤠
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

You know, I'm finishing my 4th grow (coco/perlite) and have been fairly successful. I have never measured the PH of my run off water. I'm a lazy grower though. I'm basically along for the ride but the weed just grows...well, like weeds.

While I am unable to directly answer your question, I can state that as long as you're vigilant with the PH that goes in, you will probably be O.K.

MeEasy - I am glad I decided on coco/perlite. Maybe one day, I'll get the gumption to try DWC but I love the simplity of coco. It's extremely easy to gauge the amount of moisture in your pot or Solo cup by weight. I'm sure it's possible to over water but my attempts (trying to kill with kindness) met with failure. I purchase mine premixed and reutilize as much as practical.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

With coco, it is fairly easy to adjust things. Because the run-off is an accurate picture of the root zone, if the water comes out with a low Ph, you raise the Ph of your input next time. The same can be used for ppm. Then you monitor the run-off until it reaches the desired numbers.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          RIght or just water with the right ph and nutrient concentration in a very abundant but slow pouring fashion to replace all water and salts inside the root zone

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Drench. I think that’s the word I’m looking for. Lots of wasted water and nutrients but it’s quicker than waiting for the plant to drink up. Specially when there plant is having issues

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X