Indica strain stopped flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indica strain stopped flowering

Hey guys, I wanted to know that if I actually reduce the amount of light for flowering and leave the budding plant in darkness for say three days if the buds may start to further mature or is this not a good idea. The other option as the tops are very much ready for harvest is to cut the main stem under the mature buds and let all the new growth (fresh pistils) have a better chance of budding up and maturing by getting better access to the light medium. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Blessings to all that grow mother natures goodness!

Pics of the plants in question will help with answers.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Need more info, nothing wrong with double cropping or monster cropping.
      Welcome to GWE

Comment

Right or wrong I've done that to lots of plants indica and sativas. Seems to work just fine. Bear in mind I'm growing in bubble-ponics set up. Good luck !!
        After reading your post again I must say I don't leave them in darkness. I just cut off mature buds.
        Last edited by Eliot Pryor; 12-10-2020, 12:38 PM.
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

3 days of darkness would probably turn your plant into a hermaphrodite
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't spray her then - mother plants are grown and cloned while in a vegetative state - once you flip to flowering she can no longer be a mother plant.

Ok guys lets take a look at some pics so you can see what's what.So thanks to all who responded. I'm thinking of monster cropping the main stem to let the 50 or so nodes get more light and bud up strong. I've taken her out of the darkness.
          Attached Files

Comment

When the plants are in flower, they need an intense period of light for fewer hours to get the same quantity of light that they would receive in an 18 hr veg cycle.
            I have placed finished plants in darkness for a day or so to help with senescence, but your girls are quite a way from finishing.
            I would continue your flowering lighting schedule-looks like a month to go.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• astralmike
              astralmike commented
              Editing a comment
              I really appreciate that but once again even with the monster cropping ad so much more light being available to the lower nodes I cannot see any change or new pistil growth at all. I think this is a rogue and I will offer some background. This lovely lady was the only seed that germinated and grew from the cluster into a female. She started outside and grew quite a few early nodes and then I re potted her and put her under normal vegetative light cycle 16hours and 6 hours rest. She grew quite quickly and developed some early female pistils but then she went back from 7 handed leaves to 3 and then to 1 and continued that way while she grew thicker and also began to flower. When I changed the cycle to 12/12 to promote budding she immediately went from 3 to 5 to 7 blades quite rapidly. Then one morning around the main two Colas I could see 9 blade leaves emerging, only 2 but I knew that this plant was special and should be nurtured as a mother plant to take clones from. It was then after I did a really solid leaf clipping to promote lower growth that she went back to sprouting 3 blade leaves again but then I took her out of the grow room as its summer here in OZ and left her outside during the day while the sun was out and then back under lights at night to protect her from the cold. She started to once again grow 5 and 7 blade leaves and strong nodes and also her budding really took off. So now we arrive full circle and as I said the buds got to a certain points back into that 12/12 cycle and then stopped. One more thing after I monster cropped the main stem and surrounding stems I foliage sprayed her quite well with the Terra Flores (Canna) budding solution and then rinsed off all the solution the following morning and within 48 hours she showed signs of leaf burning and the leaf tips were turned up. Not drastically across the whole plant but enough for me to notice. So....now what guys?

Totally agree with gbauto i have only done this " trick " for my own finding it not much difference. It's when the plant is ready and i mean ready that day for harvest then you put it in darkness 48hrs and that pot it's in needs to be nearly dry.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Here's where she ended up guys. Pretty much done.
              Attached Files

Comment

Never thought about that before, I’m very interested to hear how it’s worked for you in quality and how it all went in the end! I’ve always given 36 hours darkness and cut down as a whole personally before drying/curing, but I like the idea for lower growth / popcorn nugs getting extra time to get light and fatten up (if possible)

Comment

• astralmike
                  astralmike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks bro, I posted a conclusion to my findings with this plant

I can honestly say that this natural Indica strain from seed has produced more potent and psychoactive weed than any auto flowering plants and buds I have ever grown or smoked before. So while the yield at this stage is really disappointing the higher grade of THC Vs CBD cannabanoids is so worth all the trouble and toil to grow this mother beauty. I would say the scale of psychoactivity would be 75% THC and 25% CBD

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  THC is never that high - I'm with Budgal. Bruce Banner 3 is about the highest THC one can grow - unless you have a 'Forever Bud' growing.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think what is meant is a ratio not percentage like 75/25

• astralmike
                  astralmike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My bad dudes, ratio is what I'm referring to...lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X