Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting

First time grower here and confused about what type of light I should use....led, hps, cfl, etc. Making a grow room out of closet which is 2.5 feet x 4 feet. Thinking hlg 260, or 600 hps, I don't know. All advice would be appreciated

Hi Eric. Welcome to GWE.

There is a lot of posts already covering the “what lights should I buy” question. The options available have pros and cons that are mind boggling. Have a snoop around the forum for what has already been posted and recommended.
    If you want a great place to really dig into LED lighting (my personal preference) is LEDGardener.com. There is a plethora of information on that site.

Cheers
    YYC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Ericmikell74
      Ericmikell74 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check it out

You have 10 sq ft of canopy you want to light.
    Top shelf led's like HLG need approx.30 watts/ sq ft, so I'd shoot for a 320-watt fixture(that's the most common driver size in that range).
    Older tech led's or HID lighting will need 500 watts for the same lighting output.
    The other questions I have is have you incorporated some ventilation/exhaust for that space and how much headroom do you have?
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Only use CFLs if thats all you can get for now, there is far better lighting. For your space something like the Mars Hydro tsw 1000 should fill the area. My best tip is do a lot of research and buy all you can get!
      If heat is a possible issue LEDs dont run near as hot as HID/HPS

Comment

I have been researching lights for my 2 x 4 area. I am leaning towards the new Mars Hydro sp3000. Check it out here.

Coco for Cannabis & Migro grow light testing. Mars Hydro SP 3000 Review, Video, PAR map, PPF & PPFD, Efficiency, Hanging Height, Harvest Estimates

Comment

You would get good buds with mars hydro.
          I have the ts1000 and that's not enough for 2x4
          The sp3000 would do a great job in that space.
          I have HLG and I love it. Just do your research and get a high end one. HLG has kits you can build for that space.
          4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
          1x Slapz
          1x Quikz
          2x red runtz
          1x flo-see
          1x 2B blunt
          1x persian pie

Comment

• Ericmikell74
            Ericmikell74 commented
            Editing a comment
            Why jump from the 1000 all the way to the 3000, would the 2000w not be big enough?

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            The 2000 covers 3x3 in flower, 4x4 in veg and 5.5 x 5.5 for seedlings

I hear a lot about hlg and mars hydro......any comments on spider farmer? Or how about some of the lower cost, like vivarspectar or something like that?

Comment

Correction to last post, vivarspectra is what I meant, and others like maxisun. Or are they just not worth the time?

Comment

Just get yourself educated on lights and get the best one you can afford otherwise you will end up with a collection of lights that you don’t need. Anyone can advice you but everyone has different environments that will not suit you and may only cause issues in your grow room or closet. It’s like this site says how to grow weed easy but for some it’s not so we always get the same question why is my ph off lol. Some are better than others at properly checking ph some just don’t want to deal with it so you have to read the GWE and ask yourself what Reilly works for you and your situation. Hope that helps or makes sense.

Comment

Thank u for your help

Comment

If it is recommended to choose the growth lamp, then I think this article can help you!
                  https://www.vanqled.com/how-to-choos...or-your-crops/

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X