To cull or not to cull...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To cull or not to cull...

My girls are going on their second week flowering, 3rd from the light switch. 4 of them are growing beautifully and going to need their last bit of plucking soon... the 5th... well the 5th is not going quite so well. All my plants had a bad round of ph issues, my noob mistake, and 4 recovered, one was deemed gone beyond recovery, but the last I was on the fence about... so I figured I'd try it and see how it went. but now looking at the gap in my canopy and how I'm pinched for space I'm wondering if I'd be better off pulling it and spreading the other 4 out to take better advantage of light and space. Id appreciate some more experienced opinions
    Attached Files
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

I use a 4x4 for my pheno hunts and I find that even on a short 3 week veg cycle to get them big enough to top them for a clone/cutting. 5 plants will FILL the tent.
    You're the only one who can make the call on chopping a plant-I find it gets easier when you don't have any more space...
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Yeah I hesitated to cull her with the first one because I was worried about not making the most of my space... but with the way these 4 are filling out now im more worried about not having enough space 🤣
      stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
      ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
      bloom plus LED 300W
      Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Comment

To me I see a lot of space for all of them. I have one plant in a 2x2 tent and I had not defoliated her until yesterday at the start of week 3 in flower after the defoliation I realized it wasn’t as tight as I thought it was just the foliage touching the tents walls. Maybe that all you need to do defoliate and film on the space with colas.

Comment

Before killing it, do you have a friend that could take it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
            Before killing it, do you have a friend that could take it?
            Ah friends, I remember when I had those. Ah good times. Lol I'm something of a homebody, been two years since I moved here and I still don't know anyone 🤷‍♂️ still might not hurt to ask around
            ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
            bloom plus LED 300W

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X