Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Tent, Perpetual Monthly Harvest, Auto-Flower Grow Journal (canna, coco, LED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tika
    replied
    Thanks BTB. I have found 3 Canna coco schedules. I am only 2 formal feeds into it (on the medium one) but may go lighter via yours. I am transplanting 8 girls today with just pH6 water. It's on my thread /journal ( tonight) if you are interested. (Ha! My tonight California time . )

Leave a comment:

• Beach_Town_Brit
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Tika

My humidity was down to 39% and adding some water to the tubs at the start of lights on raised it to 50%. That's only 2 cups of water max per container. The effect may be less for a larger tent I guess.

This is the light feeding schedule from Canna and I tend to go light on it too.

• Tika
    replied
    Congratulations! Excellent thought with pantry shelves! Do the tubs of water raise your humidity significantly?
    ive started my Canna coco with the medium feed chart...I copied yours and may use it instead of mine. Thank you for posting it.
    enjoy! Nice work

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, if all goes as planned (it never does). I will start 2 plants in the small tent and then rotate every 25 days-into the larger tent- which will hold 4 plants.
    So every 3 weeks or so- I will have 2 plants ready for harvest.
    I started with 1 purple ryder auto- as I need a small plant to begin with- logistics to dial out photo's and dial in auto's along with travel plans and timing!

• Beach_Town_Brit
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Weed Pharma Are you going to use both tents for autos now or keep doing some photo periods? What strain did you plant Sunday?

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    Very nice start to an auto perpetual garden.
    I began mine on Sunday with 1 plant and will dial in 1-2 plants every 25 days or so.

Leave a comment:

• Beach_Town_Brit
    replied
    Canna coco, light feeding schedule, pinned to the wall by my water filter and nutes station.

The 99c store tubs and pantry organizer frames I use to support my plants. I can raise humidity by just putting a cup or so of water in the tubs before lights on.

Leave a comment:

• Beach_Town_Brit
    replied
    Blue Mystic auto, first days:

Leave a comment:

• Beach_Town_Brit
    replied
    Bubblicious auto , first days:

Leave a comment:

• Beach_Town_Brit
    replied
    Update time Both seeds popped over the weekend which was a relief.

1-26-17 I removed the half plastic bottles I was using for humidity domes. I misted a little water over the surface.

1-27-17 Both seeds popped. Sprayed with water again.

1-28-17 I'm calling this Day 1, Saturday. Seedlings are out in full. The Mystic seems to be stretching a bit so I moved the P300 (veg switch on only) down to 26" above the canopy. I watered a little around the rim of the solo cups. I misted in addition to watering the rim of the solo cup.

1-29-17 Day 2. I set up a light and took some pics without the LED on. Misted lightly. Added water to run-off containers to increase humidity.

1-30-17 Day 3. With the light moved down and a warmer, dryer, weekend the solo cups were pretty dry. I watered the outer rim of the solo cups thoroughly. The idea behind watering around the rim is to encourage the roots to seek out the water a bit.

Across this period I've been dialing in my Titan fan controller. I've moved the sensitivity down to +/- 2 degrees and tweaked the target temperatures. Conditions are pretty easy right now here in socal, we had a dry warm sunny weekend. I walked on the beach in a tee-shirt So far the Titan has helped keep the temps in an 8-10 degree swing. Nighttime lows have been around 64, daytime up to 81, but overall 75 is the typical temperature. I did notice my humidity got pretty low, down to 39%. To address this I poured a cup or so of water into the containers beneath my plants (plants are raised up on shelf organizer frames from Amazon). This, plus the watering helped raise the humidity back up to 50% 'ish which is fine for me. These SoCal plants need to get used to dry conditions, it's a desert out here. The environmental challenge will come later in the grow as it warms up and I begin to struggle to keep temps down.

The Bubbleicious doesn't seem as vigorous as the Blue Mystic but it's very early days so we'll see. I'll probably mist for a few days then do a very light feeding the next time the media feels dry.

Below are the pics, Bubble first, then Mystic. Then a pic of my feeding schedule and the run-off tubs I add water to to raise humidity in my tent

Leave a comment:

• Royal Nugs
    replied
    Congrats on germination.

Leave a comment:

• Beach_Town_Brit
    replied
    Girls both popped yesterday, looking good, I'll do a journal update with pics and details in the week. Hope everyone had a stoney weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Beach_Town_Brit
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah my life these days occurs between 72 and 85 F
    I emigrated to the US a long time ago now.
    I have done weather before though, a couple of decades of rain in England, some winters in Wisconsin, Chicago, Ohio.

• ButtyBach
    replied
    Wow 57F, you must have been freezing. Have you emigrated? Just in time if you did. Trump sure is shaking things up.
    Ive got the opposite problem, keeping it warm. The temps have been all over the place this year. Been really difficult keeping them right. It shows too. My babies look dreadful.

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    I use the 4" x 5 5/58" and cut about an inch off the length (top).
    When I use them for clones I keep them whole- and they go into the bottom of a cut 20oz soda bottle until I see roots.
    I will be posting a pictured tutorial, hopefully next week on how I do it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X