2 plants require diff end times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 plants require diff end times

I have a Gel that says 56 to 70 days flower time and a Amnesia Haze that has a longer flower time(didn't say on pack, just going on typical strain time). Just starting week 7 and the Gel looks to be getting close, but Amnesia looks further away. Sun source is the ES300 V2. They say you should have 48 hrs or more of darkness to increase trichome production prior to harvest. To do this I would have to have the Amnesia in the dark for 48 hrs and then turn lights back on and continue growing them on the 12/12 light schedule until ready. Would this be a good thing to do or a bad thing? Thank you for your input.

If your determined to do this " 48hrs of darkness" remove that one from the tent place else where? I go by the trichs for final harvest, what breeders tell you are general flowering days you as the grower looks for readiness. Have a jewelers loupe.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's the real reason closets are built...
      Pull the finished plant out of the tent and stick in a dark closet for a day or two.

Myself I dont see this dark period does anything useful.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. This is new to me, so your advice is key to me. The 48 hour thing is what I read somewhere, but if it doesn't matter I will look at the trichomes to determine harvest time and cut down when ready and pull them out of the tent. I have a USB microscope SoOrbudgal to see the trichomes and Rwise agrees that "48 hours of darkness" doesn't do much. It will save me a few grey hairs.
      Thank you, Wally

Comment

Also don't forget the breeders timings are based on when they grow the plant under optimal conditions with fresh seeds. Seeds age, growing conditions vary greatly, so the outcomes are going to be different for most.
        Go by the trichomes and the hairs (completely curled) and forget the 48 hour thing. the 12/12 is what matters...it tells the plant that the days are getting shorter and cooler and so time to flower then hibernate. First few weeks the light schedule should be 18/6 and at about week 5 or 6 they should be at 12/12 for photoperiod strains...the darkness hours are what encourage the blooming.
        As a footnote I have found that as a beginner, its best to grow the same strains together...it just makes things easier as some strains require different care than others.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• walleye
          walleye commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you dilvish. I will take your advice. I will post whole plant for you to have a look at.

It's Bro science! Cut them at the end of a 12 hour dark period.

Comment

• walleye
          walleye commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. Why is that anyways?

here is the whole plant for gel brown dry leaves. With bud shot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Those look near or ready to harvest walleye depends how you want it. I think those look great.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• walleye
            walleye commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay. Good to know. I will keep an eye for a few rusty trichomes and then wack em'. Green sunshine claims that their LED ES300 V2 will finish plants earlier. They are coming up to 56 days now which is the early date on package according to MSNL. Maybe the claims are accurate?

Damn, I need a scratch and sniff monitor!

Comment

• walleye
            walleye commented
            Editing a comment
            They have a real sweet smell. Hopefully good buzz comes with them.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X