No announcement yet.

What could be wrong with this plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What could be wrong with this plant?

Hello fellow growers. :-)

I have started a grow 15 days ago with Barney's Farm "Tangerine Dream" and have now somehow gotten a few brown spots on my leaves and also on the tips of them and bit of "green moss?!?" on top of the earth in the pot. I recognised the brown tips for the first time around day 9 and the moss on day 11. I attached some pictures, so you can have a look at it and maybe tell me what am I doing wrong. I am really out of ideas except my light being to close to the plant and watering to much.

Additional information:
    - growing on plagron lightmix
    - days since sprout 15
    - waterings: every 2-3 days with normal tap water (PH around 6.8)
    - feedings: on day 13 i used plagron start up for once (0.4ml per 100ml of water)
    - lights: 100w led - distance to plant approx. 50cm (light for whole 24h)
    - no fans
    - had a plastic bag over the plant to keep the humidity up until now

Thank you for all your help in advance.
    Yours, BauerGurke

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_2020-12-07_04-05-25.jpg Views:	0 Size:	332.4 KB ID:	472192Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-12-07_04-05-25 (2).jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	472194
    Last edited by BauerGurke; 12-06-2020, 10:13 PM.

Definitely overwatered.
    I'd let it dry a bit and give it a good feed, as it's getting hungry.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

What is the soil PH? Looks like lockout from incorrect PH.

Comment

• BauerGurke
        BauerGurke commented
        Editing a comment
        How do I meassure the soil PH correctly?

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        BauerGurke The best is to take a sample to your local Ag center pay them $10-20 to give you full details. I just purchased a bluelabs combo meter plus ( to the tune of just over $300). So far it seems to be accurate in soils and liquids.

Unhappy roots that can't breathe. Moist not wet, elevate container, make sure it can drain and provide air circulation. You can't overwater but you can and did water too often, depriving the roots of air pockets in your medium. Water when dry, not when you feel like it.

Comment

I am growing the last clone of that same strain by the same breeder. I am over it. It hates to be wet and it hates to be dry. To me it’s just super finicky when it comes to pleasing her. I grow in living soil so I have to keep my soil at even moisture levels from top to bottom there is no drying out the soil in this style of grow and she hates it so this last time I’m growing her in her own pot to let the soil dry out but then when I do that she starts to droop cus she wants water lol I don’t know what to do I just can’t get the watering right. My last grow I had other strains in the same pot and had no issues so it just her. Guess what I’m saying is you are watering too much try to let her dry out a bit then water again hopefully you can get it right. Best thing is wait till the pot feels light then water her even though she may droop a bit she will perk right back up and will stay nice and green maybe I have figured her out after all lol but I’m over her problematic ass lol. My other ladies love staying moist. And so does my microbiology so we are all happy..

Comment

BauerGurke best tip you’ll ever get. Here it goes. Go to the main GWE site and read the ph tutorial so you learn how to test the ph. Also read the tutorials on watering your plants. Matter of fact read the entire site that’s what most of us did.

Comment

Thanks four all your answers. In the meantime since my first post i let it dry and she already looks happier now. :-)

Comment

Things you're doing wrong - not testing the pH of your water - overwatering - poor air circulation and the fact that you had plastic over top of your plant trying to suffocate it!

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X