Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snapped stem on autoflower (accidental topping)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Snapped stem on autoflower (accidental topping)

I woke up and wanted to do some LST to my northern lights auto flower, and have been pretty used to the feel and how much they can take, but today I underestimated my NL and she snapped at the bend, clean in half. (Pictures below)

I wrapped some plastic wrap around the break and tide it off, but I’m not hopeful atm for salvaging the top cola. Gave her some water to help with the healing process..
    Is there anything recommended that would help the success rate of healing? Or am I up schitts creek with this one?

super upset as it’s my best auto in the tent currently, and just starting to show pistols and going into flower. What a start to the day..
    Attached Files

It looks like it'll be fine.
    You'll find that after a few weeks, it'll scab over and you can remove your 'bandage'.
    As long as the limb hasn't been completely severed, it can be saved.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Wrap some tape around it to hold it together. Give it a couple weeks and it will just fine. Ive broke so many branches. Some have been full of frosty buds and never lost any of my crop yields.
      Some may even go as far and say"they grow like weeds!"
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of the supercrop 'knuckles' I've made completely amazed me at how well the limb recovered.

Thanks for the info, it’s a big relief to know it’s not as severe a situation as I initially thought! Definitely learned what I can do with LST and what’s pushing them too much.
      I’ll be leaving this one to heal without anymore LST and let her grow as she likes, and focus on training the others

Comment

A better bandage if possible, it'll be healed in seven days and trainable two inches above wound after two weeks. Gently.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice, took the bandage off today and it looks like we’re back on track and starting early flower

Comment

Looks good-these girls will take quite a bit of abuse and shrug it off.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X