Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st auto flower

2nd grow overall.

Tips for 200w led light distance? Viper v450 currently at 26” Grow switch only, seedlings a few days old.

Planning to turn on bloom light beginning 2nd week for full spectrum, 24”? I’ve read that topping should happen by end of 3rd week if plant is 4-5 nodes.

Excited for the adventure.

SoOrbudgal FurnaceBoi @bboyfromwayback
    Calling the auto pros
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Happy frog soli with extra vermiculite, 3 gal smart pots

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeba View Post
      2nd grow overall.

Tips for 200w led light distance? Viper v450 currently at 26” Grow switch only, seedlings a few days old.

Planning to turn on bloom light beginning 2nd week for full spectrum, 24”? I’ve read that topping should happen by end of 3rd week if plant is 4-5 nodes.

Excited for the adventure.

SoOrbudgal FurnaceBoi @bboyfromwayback
      Calling the auto pros
      Ya I would stay 26 inches for seedling and let them grow into the light. If they stretch too much lower it in increments. If doing autos. Top BEFORE pistils show. This can be as early as 3 weeks from seed. Only top vigorous fast growing autos. So often you are topping at the 3rd or 4th. But very young. I dont like fimming autos. I find they get too bushy and crowded. Hard to manage. Hit me up and I will share what I can.
      oh.btw. with photos you can get medieval with them in veg. Lol
      Last edited by FurnaceBoi; 12-06-2020, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Cheeba, if newbies are looking healthy. I usually lower light gradually. Turn both switches on. Try and find their happy spot usually around 18 inch. They are very fragile the first couple weeks. experiment with the switch, mine seem to like the most light even from the beginning. I like autos short & bushy, depending on the strain some Auto strains don't react to topping early & keep growing up, don't seem to slow or Hurt them. Some start bushing early on their own. My photos usually do react to topping. I still cut the boom switch on early for more light, they like it, seems to keep them bushy and more manageable inside. Sounds like you're doing fine just watch them figure out what they like, keep them happy they keep you happy. Happy Growing😎🌳🎄
        Perpetual Harvests
        Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
        Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
        2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerJoe View Post
          Cheeba, if newbies are looking healthy. I usually lower light gradually. Turn both switches on. Try and find their happy spot usually around 18 inch. They are very fragile the first couple weeks. experiment with the switch, mine seem to like the most light even from the beginning. I like autos short & bushy, depending on the strain some Auto strains don't react to topping early & keep growing up, don't seem to slow or Hurt them. Some start bushing early on their own. My photos usually do react to topping. I still cut the boom switch on early for more light, they like it, seems to keep them bushy and more manageable inside. Sounds like you're doing fine just watch them figure out what they like, keep them happy they keep you happy. Happy Growing😎🌳🎄
          What he said lol. Except I like my autos taller and leaner. It's preference and grow style. I'm very fond of the skunk structure for fast bloomers.
          Last edited by FurnaceBoi; 12-06-2020, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Hello Cheeba sounds good what your planning. Once sprouted my seeds go into final pot this round of autos, sometimes i transplant them but not this time. My distance for the first 2-3days will be 25-30" you'll know if you see leaf signs looking crinkly curly just raise the lights. You got this, i don't always do things by the book you gotta make it work for you....tweak the grow for your ease. P.S. If my autos look healthy and seem vigorous i will have both bloom & veg. on test the waters this is how we learn
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Cheeba
              Cheeba commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks all, bloom switched on this morning.

Pics of baby Bruce Banners

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good - with that size pots don't expect much growth for the next 2 weeks - she'll get a bit bigger in that time but will be spending most of her energy growing roots to fill that large pot.

Yep no worries Cheeba looks great. Look no touchie LOL just water a little for now.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

So half-way through 2nd week and one plant looks scraggly. Pics attached, both Bruce Banner autos in 5 gal smart pots. Humidity low 40s, temps low 70s and now stable after fluctuating during 1st week when I didn’t use exhaust fan.

What’s your diagnosis of plant on left - bad genetics, root issue?

Good thing I have some home grown to help me think this through!
              Peace.

Comment

• ZigZag
                ZigZag commented
                Editing a comment
                Those are pretty "crinkled"....Looks like a combo of nutrient burn, maybe not enough water near the surface, and probably some genetic issues as well. I've had auto fems that expressed genetic issues like twisted leaves particularly, which they grew out of after the first three weeks, or once they got their fourth/fifth set of real leaves. Try flushing your soil with plain PH'ed water (not too much directly around the stems), raise the lights, see how they look in a few days.
                Hope they "get growing" well for you!

I always start with a ph check. I have had some ugly seedlings that turned out great
              They need a little more humidity. Maybe try a container of water or some damp towels in your space. In veg they like a bit more. 55 is ideal.
              I would do those 2 first

I actually hang a towel into a bucket of water and so the water Wicks up and evaporates from the towel
              Last edited by FurnaceBoi; 12-14-2020, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Looks like a PH issue to me, pic 1 has spots and pic 2 has white spots which could indicate bugs.

Comment

• Cheeba
                  Cheeba commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Rwise no bugs to be found, thinking hot soil or ph issue.

Maybe those plants don't like your hot soil.
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Cheeba
                  Cheeba commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was planning to start biocanna nutes next week, bio-Flores at 25% strength. Or do you recommend just ph’d water for another week?

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your going to put nutes in with hot soil?

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  . All my seedlings go into a light fluffy neutral soil no added manure soil, it's barnyard scrapes, feedlot scrapes hot soil good for the ground not in small containers. First 2wks are essential to root formation and you see the effects through the leaf an slow growth twisty leaf.

Day 18, topped one plant above 3rd node them fimmed the other above 4th node. Let’s see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeba View Post
                  Day 18, topped one plant above 3rd node them fimmed the other above 4th node. Let’s see what happens.
                  It might work out great. I got 3.5 oz off Bertha. Topped at 4th. My a avatar

Comment

A crazy Canuk taught me that lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X