Problem with LED BESTVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Problem with LED BESTVA

I have one bestva led light 1200 w and after 6 months working perfectly one day for another it started doing noise in one of the top fans. I have to hit the light till the fan starts rotation normally.

First of all does anyone have the same led?? Or does anyone know someone that happens the same??

Any help would be nice.

I know it is a chinnese brand but the results compared to hps are really imprenssive. I wouldn't mind to buy a new one but i had to pay twice the price because of taxes duty and i don't know if it is an usual problem.

I would check fan blades for dust/grime build up causing it to be out of balance. I would also see how freely fan spins when not powered it could be cheap bearings failing in which case it would need to be replaced. I have not had this problem or owned that brand of light this is what I would look at as a starting point if I were having this type of issue.

Comment

Well all i know is that i sent a LED for repair and i had not opened the back myself cause it makes the warranty null they say don't work on it send it in so i did. I asked them to send me a packing slip i was not paying for a less than 6months use of a light to ship. Once you open the back and break that seal your on your own. If you know how to do it change the fan out or open it up maybe theres something blocking it. Something fell onto it?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Sounds like a typical fan issue-they use cheap fans with bushings instead of bearings and they all fail eventually.
        That's the reason I now use passive cooling on all of my fixtures.
        If you're not comfortable opening the fixture, all you can do would be to use some compressed air to blow out any dust to see if it will respond.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thank you all for the anwserings.

Poppa

It was the first thing that i did, i cleaned very carefully with brush all the fans. The funny part was after i cleaned it started worked fine. But the next day was doing noise again when the light started.

SoOrbudgal

The problem is that the led cost 121 EUROS and I had to paid plus 124 euros of taxes duty because of my country strickted policies and supposably was free shipping. The manufacteur started harassing me to pay the taxes it was a really "funny" story.

So this one i think they don't have warranty stickers and nothing like that. I tried to open 3 times and it is more difficult of what I think it would be.

I take all the screws and the back is still stuck and I don't want to force nothing

It looks like that they put glue in one side and the other was weld.

So 120 euros led that cost me 245 Don't buy directly to chinnese brand.

gbauto

Exactly i think one of the fan has backlash and the other are still ok. I don't understand because I had all the cares because it was an expensive buy for me.
          I had think in that but I was afraid the a compressor was too strong and it would do worst.

I have a friend wiith the same led and he didn't had this problems because he bought from second dealership. It really cost 121 Euros and after 1,5 years no problems at all and believe me i was very carefully.

Can you explain me passive cooling? I never heard about that

Sorry about my english but i'm portuguese.

Good grows for you all
          Last edited by antoniobanderas420; 12-02-2020, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Your English is fine! Welcome to GWE! On blowing out the fans, hold the blade so you dont over RPM it, if you spin it to fast it will damage it further. If they can be lubricated use the liquid settled from Nu Finish car polish (ya that orange bottle), it drys and outlasts any wet lub.
            Once inside I would change all the fans out with quality ball bearing fans that will last a long time.
            Passive, my LED does not have fans, the drivers are mounted remote to get the heat away from the LEDs, and air circulation cools the LEDS. I have a Mars Hydro TSW 2000.

Comment

• antoniobanderas420
              antoniobanderas420 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank youu,

Do you know any site where i can buy that type of fans, I saw something some time ago in youtube about a site but if know something would be perfect? Or i can go to a normal informatic store and buy? (yeahh i know same voltage and size eheh).

MArs hydro tsw could be a option because before i open the light i want to have another one already,
              I have a friend that i uses 2 of that, i'm not sure if it is the 2000 w, we give (in my mind) the same cares to the ladies and compared mars vs bestva i noticed that the buds didn't get to dense compared to the bestva led.

It was like, i'm not sure if it is a good option compared hps at the beggining... but it was slap in the face same conditions and nutrician and LOOL the buds were like 6 x times bigger, dense, uniform, faster, quality everything.

Yeahh it is a chinnese brand but fuck it the spectrum is impressive, and i have read comments that it is not even close of the real values that tey show and publicy.

So have you tried other recent leds? I have to get more information about MARS. but reliable i think it is

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              You should be able to get good fans at any computer supply store.
              This is my first LED, so no I have not done any side by side grows. This was in my budget, and better than the CFLs I was using.

If this is the unit you have, https://www.amazon.com/BESTVA-Spectr.../dp/B083FBMDQT you should be able to remove the 8 screws that attach the perimeter of the chassis to the top panel.
            Once those screws are removed, you can slide the top panel out of the chassis. There should be some wiring connectors for the fans-unplug them to remove the panel.
            Then you have full access to the fans. Then you can try to find a better replacement fan.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X