Best Time of Day to Top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Time of Day to Top?

Hey guys! Is it better for my girls if I top them in the morning a couple hours after the lights come on, or at night a couple hours before they turn off? Does it make a difference? Thank you very much.

I don’t believe there’s a difference between topping a few hours after waking up vs. A few hours before bed. As long as the lights are on, you’re good to top.

I do Always recommend that if you transplanted lately, to wait for established roots to help it bounce back faster. (Only people who transplanted in the last week)

Personally speaking I top when I can find time during that day lol. But if you want to try a little experiment, you can top half in the morning when they wake up, and the other half a couple hours before lights out, and see if there’s a slight difference between times for bounce back. Though I’ve heard a lot of people mention they saw no difference. It may just be a splitting hairs thing
    Hope this helps some, have fun topping!

Comment

Hey GreenAlchemist, thanks a lot for the advice! I was kind of hoping it made no difference but wanted to make sure.

Comment

I do it after i have a couple cups of coffee
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep with my coffee mug and after one hour a good glass of Bordeaux non ? Usually when the lights goes on.
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 12-01-2020, 12:30 PM.

Top them after coffee and before beer.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I do any topping or training on the same day I water my girls - best chance for recovery.

Sorry Budgal but not after coffee - my hands don't need the caffeine jitters or I'd cut more than I want to.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X