AutoFlower Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoFlower Help

Started off really slow. Didn’t get any real growth the first few weeks. Switched to dry amendments and things have improved but I think I lost a lot of potential in this grow. At any rate, letting them go and hoping for the best.

If I could get some help diagnosing one of my plants that has some weird coloring going on. This is the only plant experiencing this problem but I’m having trouble fixing it.

Secondly, should I keep training these plants so much seeing as they are so small? Keeping things flat like my previous grow but these autos have switched to flower very quickly and I just want to make sure training is still the correct approach.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

My experience with autos is limited ,but I have found that you have to give start giving them perfect conditions from the day you start them , If you cant do this(like me lol) then expect smaller yields .the next time I do autos I'm going to have a heat mat under the seeds to maintain 70 degrees ,then same when you put them in your grow medium ,then in your grow room dont have huge fluctuations of temp, perfect environmental conditions is the way to get more than 2 ounces per plant from autos I hope this helps ,
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• dalvis
      dalvis commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah my experience so far is that I definitely prefer photos. planting autos feels like lighting a rocket and hoping everything goes well. bought these seeds when I first started thinking I would enjoy autos more with my small grow space. now I just want to get more tents so I can grow photos with a shorter time b/t harvests

I too tried autos, as said everything must be perfect from the start. When one has an issue with autos there is no time to fix it, yields will be hurt.
    What is the PH? Pic 2 shows root issues, most likely the PH is off causing a lockout.

Comment

• dalvis
      dalvis commented
      Editing a comment
      PH is 6.5-6.8. using worm castings in my coco coir and though I know 6.5 is the top of coco’s PH, I’ve read that more acidic soil inhibits the microbial life in the castings. all other plants are using the same water so not sure why one would lock out and not the others.

Hind site.......leave them be now. Lesson learned on this one about autos they are unforgiving when stressed. Let them rest are they getting full spectrum lighting?

Comment

• dalvis
      dalvis commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah full spectrum QBs with far red pucks that run 12 hours. Will turn on UV lamp once buds start showing. only been doing low stress aside from one plant that I topped before any flowering showed.

What you don't want to do is top an automatic when pistils are showing, that will really reduce your Yeild in my opinion, and I've tried several times with the same cultivar, an the ones I topped all came up at least an ounce less than the ones topped before pistils were showing.
    Autos are not hard to grow at all, but you do have to have them in the right environment, like proper lights, humidity, an ph, if you are using store bought nutrients,
    I grow mine in organic living soil, an I rarely if ever check the ph, in my watering.
    Your plant will do fine by bending them over like you are doing, even if pistils are showing, just be easy with them, when bending.or lst.
    Some autos just don't grow as large as others do, even if the same strain.
    It takes a couple of weeks for autos to show any upward growth, after they come up, but believe me they are growing their roots at that time, and about a month or so you will see dramatic increase in their growth .
    GoodLuck an HappyGrowing dalvis.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• dalvis
      dalvis commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah the plan was to top all of these, but with slow growth I only had one that looked healthy enough to top. just been bending everything else as I go. I’m just wondering if there is a point where I stop keeping them low and let them start going towards the light.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      dalvis. DAAS69 has been growing autos a long time ,if I ever need advise on autos hes the one I ask

I have had dwarf autos also. I started a few at a time left one go natural, topped one and just LST the third. Do not try something your not confident in doing with these autos takes a few try's to get the knack of how quick they preform and stiffen up do some more!!

Comment

• dalvis
      dalvis commented
      Editing a comment
      lol yeah when I first started I would have been happy with dwarfs but now that I have a bigger tent with bigger lights I wish these girls would blow up on me! I knew this would be a learning process but it’s been pretty disappointing considering my first grow went very smooth with only bag seeds!

unless I do some trades, I have no option but to do more autos as that’s pretty much all I got from Seedsman.

dalvis your did good by topping the healthiest auto,
    Your plant are still very young, you do not have to constantly keep your canopy level, let them loose ,from their bondage, for awhile, and you'll see plenty of growth, trust me, if everything else is right, when they start growing good only then do you start bending just the tallest branches to try to keep the canopy level.
    Don't under estimate your yield, you will get alot more than you think by the time they are ready for harvest ,they will definitelyget larger. With some fine bud on them too, come chop time.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Yes a bending and tie down on that central cola and then tying the arm branches down will help your yields.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X