Plant nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Plant nutrients

Hi growmies, hope you're feeling well. I have a couple of questions about nutrients this time. I was thinking about using just 3 brands, VitaLink, CANNA and GH(E). The problem is there's a lot to choose from and I'm afraid some nutes from one brand will "override" or won't be necessary, using the other. This can be quite extensive and confusing so I will just write what I was about to buy and if you guys could, just let me know what to and what not to buy, I'd really appreciate it, since all of this together can be quite expensive as well. So, VL sillicon max, GH CalMag, GH Flora Micro/Grow/Bloom, CANNA pk13/14 bloom booster, GH Diamond Nectar Humic, some wetting agent and finally GH Flora kleen. Now, I've read about CANNA coco A and B but i'm not sure what that is for and if it would replace any of the previous nutrients.
    Oh, I'm going hydro with coco/perlite and I'm a first time indoor grower btw.
    Thanks for taking your time reading this and for your help if you could. Again, I really appreciate it.

Welcome, ADSL
    Over the years I've tried a few different nute lines and what I've found to be the simplest, most economical was Jacks 3-2-1.
    Simple 3-part dry mix that allows some flexibility in adjusting NPK balance.
    You can modify the blend during initial flower stretch by using MKP for a P boost.
    I also add Tribus Original in the feed for root health.
    For coco, I'd also get some mosquito dunk pucks for fungus gnat control-you'll get them.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thanks gbauto, I will definetly take a look at that. Tbh I wasn't even thinking about getting anything for pest control. I live in the UK and am planing on starting to grow mid Feb. Is that a regular thing to worry about even being indoors? And for the roots, I read that it wouldn't be too bad if I skip that part, being a bit expensive to be honest and I'm spending way more than I first imagined I would. What do you think? Thanks again buddy.

Comment

Root inoculants help with nutrient uptake, but they aren't essential when using chemical nutes.
        I normally grow in RDWC in my main room but I started a 4x4 pheno tent last year and I run DTW coco in 1-3 gal containers.
        Even though I allow the media to dry on top before feeding again, I have seen some fungus gnats buzzing around.
        Yellow sticky traps catch most, but the Dunks adds a biological agent to kill the gnats. I use the dunk dissolved in water and just do a complete flood with that to keep the population down.
        Good luck with your grow,
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X