Too dry / too much light or heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too dry / too much light or heat?

Interested to know your thoughts. Temps get to max 30 decgrees C, humidity always lower than 50% and they are a few weeks old now so giving them the full 600 watt LED. This strain just always seems to veg like this no matter what I do. It always ends up healthier a few weeks down, just wanted some other eyes on it also if possible. Watering is not a problem as I am on the plus side with no-till, tiny run-off which I don't want!

That translates to 86*F which is hot with low RH. Shes to hot.

Comment

I've put air-con in there so now the max should be 27 degrees C, but can't really get lower than that without changing/improving the air con!

Comment

Do you vent your tent/space out of the room or does it circulate back in? I’ve found venting everything outside or to a separate room can help lower the temp etc. Had these issues myself this past summer, definitely a fine tuning game during heat waves!

Comment

Try to lower the temp at least 26C.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Originally posted by GreenAlchemist View Post
            Do you vent your tent/space out of the room or does it circulate back in? I’ve found venting everything outside or to a separate room can help lower the temp etc. Had these issues myself this past summer, definitely a fine tuning game during heat waves!
            Definitely agree.. I vent out through the window with a partition as I made as good as I can... very annoying being in a flat! It's never the same as just going straight out the wall/into another room. I'm even considering just cooliung the space near the window when flower time comes around, as I can't leave the aircon in the tent due to smell!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmbuck View Post
              Try to lower the temp at least 26C.
              This would be ideal! *dreamy*

Comment

Aah that’s true, flat life can hinder some grow room modifications for sure! I have my AC unit on outside my tent by the window and found it helps cool the intake air (which cools the tent, not as well as if it were inside the tent but well enough for me)

If smell’s a concern, have you ever thought about going with a charcoal filter attached to your inline fan? to allow you to vent freely without the worry of smell. I’m in a small suite/flat myself as well, and this has helped keep all smells inside the tent only for me.

Comment

I already have an extracion for negative pressure, with a huge ass scrubber. Very paranoid given the proximity of neighbours! So yes ideally, I should look for an aircon machine which has duct outlets for both sides? And add a scrubber to the front end?

Comment

I agree that the space is a little too warm, but if you can increase the RH of that space you plant will be very happy.
                    I typically run my room at 60-70% RH @ 83degF. Here's a link to help you with finding the best temp/RH to use in your situation.
                    "Why devote an entire guide to VPD?" you might ask. The answer is that the vapor pressure deficit (VPD) is extremely important for growing plants. VPD helps you identify the correct range of temperature and humidity to aim for in your grow space. With VPD you can achieve the best results while avoiding pest and environ

Leds get best growth @ 28degC/82degF at normal CO2 levels.
                    WHAT???
                    5x5 grow space
                    900w of Vero's and F-strips
                    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thanks yeah.. does confirm what I was thinking,.. because in none of my environments can I get the RH where I want it (due to high extraction). Time to invest in a humidifier, or simply veg elsewhere next time, which was my initial goal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X