I have a question about what grow light to get, it would me first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! I have a question about what grow light to get, it would me first

I am thinking about buying this quantum board for my first indoor plant, for the full cycle, any suggestions? Anything better for that price?

HLG 100 V2 3000K

That would be fine for 1 plant. That is a good light.

Comment

Many people love HLG lights. I don’t have one but don’t think you’d be disappointed with it as long as (stated above) you’re growing 1 to 2 small plants. You have a 2x2 sq ft flowering footprint.

Comment

A fixture that uses Samsung lm301b or lm301h diodes will give you spot ppfd above 600 when you run them at 30 watts/ sq ft of canopy.
        HLG offers many different fixtures and there are some reputable manufacturers from China that offer some good products.
        I find that most of the girls I grow take about a 2x2 footprint, so plan on 120 watts/plant.
        That also happens to be the most common output from each panel when you run a QB style fixture.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I'd suggest you look a little further. From the specs the HLG 100 V2 is a 2'x2' light and for another $20 you can get almost double the PAR output. I just bought the ViparSpectra xs1500 and am very satisfied. It draws 150w and has state of the art components. Amazon has a 30% code good till Christmas bringing the price down to ~ $130. Better value for the money I think.

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow...r-test-review/

**I just checked Amazon and they have increased the list price and decreased the discount code! Assholes!
          Last edited by grouchyoldman; 11-27-2020, 04:52 PM. Reason: Amazon code changes
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X