Pot size for Auto-Flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Pot size for Auto-Flowering

Hi all, I am new with Auto-Flowering and would like to know what is the recommended pot size for them. Seems the 5 Gal Smart-Pot I have is way too big for my plant that is 6 weeks old and has started flowering. Thanks! JC

Your gonna get different thoughts from lots of folks. I safely have used 3gal fabric or plastic for my autos.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

This question has been asked a few times. Seems like alot of auto growers (including myself for my current grow) use 3 gallon pots. My last grow i used 5 gallon smart pots.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

If its only 6 weeks old, im sure 5 gal looks huge. Give it a few weeks.
        I bet Bob Marley's mansion
        has a garden in the back
        Where he's growing something special
        Some celestial homemade hash
        we'll sit down on his front porch
        And listen to the angels band
        Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

I use 4gal fabric for my autos and most the time the roots havent even reached all the soil.
          they work great.
          4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
          1x Slapz
          1x Quikz
          2x red runtz
          1x flo-see
          1x 2B blunt
          1x persian pie

Comment

I am currently using 3 and 5 gallon pots for my photo period plants. I would heed SoOrbudgal, as she prefers autos and knows them well.

Myself, I'm enjoying the experience I gain from every grow. You'll find GWE generally indicates the bigger the pot the bigger the plant. My first grow was autos and they didn't get very big in their 3 gallon smart pot.

My opinion mirrors Woodsman67 - Give it a few weeks,
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Thank you to all that answered! So I will keep using 5 Gal Smart-Pots. I am so looking forward to see how much this Auto will yield and the overall experience with Auto. Cheers all! JC

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                And we will look for the progress of the grow JCD good luck

Hi,
              I use 4 gallon autopots or 5 gallon fabric. Both have produced some nice autos including a Bruce Banger from Seedsman which is very powerful smoke. I save mine for company that likes the strong stuff.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X