No announcement yet.

Asking question about auto-flowering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Asking question about auto-flowering.

Hi all, I seeded for the first time an auto-flowering plant. After 6 weeks it grew 16 inches and has started flowering. I am using Coco with nutrients. I was expecting the plant to grow much taller before flowering. Is this normal for Auto to flower so early? It sure won't yield many buds! Thanks! JC

Autos run on they're own schedule and typically don't grow as tall as photos. My last batch of autos started flowering at 4 weeks.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

That sounds typical of most of the auto's I've run.
      If it's at 16" now at the beginning of flower, I wouldn't be surprised if it doubles in size.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

OK thanks for the replies. If it double in size I will be happy! If not I will definitely return to Photo. Cheers! JC

Comment

Read the breeders info on your plant. Some autos are short, medium, tall.
          it depends on the kind you chose.
          4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
          1x Slapz
          1x Quikz
          2x red runtz
          1x flo-see
          1x 2B blunt
          1x persian pie

Comment

Im om my first grow,4xmisc autos under 400w hps. 1 started to flower after just 3 weeks and the other 3 were all well on the way by the start of week 4,3 of them were around 12 inches at the time and 1 of them was only about 10. Im now half way through week 6 and they've all doubled in size,buds everywhere. Cant believe it cos i made so many mistakes,ive only just got everything right. I chose autos because they tend to be alot shorter than photos due to the fact they spend so little time in veg although the biggest factor is genetics,you can get slightly taller autos but there never going to be giants.
            Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
            Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
            Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
            Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
            Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
            Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
            Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
            Pots=12l fabric
            Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X